By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Question for Wii Owners

Grown up with: Atari 2600, BBC Micros, Acorns, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC6128, C64, Atari ST, Amiga (and many others).

Owned: SNES, Gameboy, N64, PS1, Gamecube, Xbox (flatmate had PS2).

Gamecube was main platform last generation. Had a handful of games for Xbox (GTA series, Halo 1+2, Panza Dragoon Orta, Black)

Now own Wii and DS. Also have a PC but as "Arkk" says its expensive to keep upto date with all the hardware.

Likely to get an Xbox360 in near future after price cut and new chips.

I suppose I am a fanboy, but I don't bash Sony/Microsoft in an unjust or uneducated manner, hey I may end up owning all three of this gen consoles if decent software come out (and price drop).

Nintendo just know how to make software for their hardware, franchises are reinvented for the hardware much better than others.

Around the Network

I first had a N64 and a Ps1 but my Ps1 was my main system of that gen. Then I had a GC and a Ps2 but Ps2 was my main system. Now I have Wii and Ps3 but Wii is my main system. I'm a Sony/Nintendo man.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

I owned Mega Drive, Dreamcast,Xbox,PS2, Gamecube,GBA and SP, DS and DS Lite before my Wii...so I had all four last gen home consoles...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I owned an Atari 2600, and 7800, a NES, a Genesis, a Playstation, a N64, a GC and the Wii is in my sons room but he still let's me play it. I never got into the PS2 or the Xbox because I have a PC. I believe that everyone that fell in love with the NES or the SNES has been pulling for Nintendo for years to finally return to prominence. Good solid business model, good advertising, good solid innovation, and a little bit of nostalgia are fueling Wiis ride. Neither Wii or PS3 have really hit a homerun yet gamewise but then again neither has the 360. Not really. Not yet. Nintendo needs to start cranking out good solid games and cut the price on them. 50 bucks is too high.

i owned a n64 and playstation but not a gamcube, the only last gen system i owned was a ps2

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

I was a Sega guy before the Wii, although I did own several PS2 games I played on a friends system.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Last gen I had all 4 consoles and a GBA. I split most of my time between the Xbox and GCN while rarely playing my PS2 and DC. For the most part though prior to the Wii I was shifting towards PC only gaming (which is odd, I'm not sure why I had every system when I didn't play them much).

The generation before I only had an N64. Before that I had a SNES and Gameboy. Before that I had an NES (my first console) and SMS.

I wont tell my life story, just anwser the question:

What was your main gaming platform last generation?
GBA/PS2

Did you own a Gamecube? What about an N64?
Nope. Yup.

I owned a PS1, PS2 and a N64, but had not really played a console in a long time. I kind of got bored of the same old with just better graphics. But the wii has brought me back and i have to say i am really enjoying the experience. I am currently playing Resident Evil 4. I also like Excite Truck (great multiplayer) and mario strikers. I might get a 360 as well for the different type of games. But i think the wii will be my faviourite system no matter what i go for next. I would not even contemplate the PS3 to be truely honest. It would have to be less than 400 euro. It currently retails here in Ireland for 630 euro ( Over 800 dollars).

I know graphics are important to many people but I think it is a little geeky to be hung up on graphics (not seeing the woods for the trees). I just want to buy fun games that i can have a bit of craic with either friends or buy myself. Anyway that is my story and incidently my first post.

Well said, Rol.

That 90% consists of PS2/Cube/Xbox owners. I would say that only 5% of Wii owners never owned a console before. Nintendo still has a long way to go expanding the market with the Wii, but they already did it with the DS, especially in Japan.