By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE5: PS3 vs 360 comparison, WTF?

FKNetwork said:
windbane said:
disolitude said:
Whichever version has the best net code wins IMO. PS3 still has a shot...but netcode usually goes to 360 multiplat games due to live infrastricture.

Really now? I'd love some examples of these mysterious games. PS3 generally uses dedicated servers as opposed to Live's hosting bullcrap that gives 1 person an advantage.

Warning! Delusional Sony fanboy alert, everyone exit that way ----->

Had this debate 50 times.  PS3 is usually better because of dedicated servers.  You have anything else to add?

Around the Network

The HD Fanboy program

================================

Multiplat PROC

IF GAME Home_Plat > GAME Other_Plat Then SET COND=SMUG / MOUTHY

ELSEIF GAME Home_Plat

Both look near identical. The Xbox 360 just edges it out with some smoother textures and better anti-aliasing.

I hate to say it but I think the PS3 really does have a problem with aliasing. It's very apparent in games with good graphics, MGS4 and Bioshock to name a few. (GT5 Prologue was quite bad as well.)

disolitude said:

PS3 still looks much better than the proposed Wii version... :P

haha okay I'm still lmao from this!!! I love the starz at the top.

Owner of: PS3, 360, Wii, DS, PSP, PS2, DC, and Xbox.

Most Wanted: Gran Turismo 5, Conduit, Assassin's Creed 2

windbane said:
disolitude said:
Whichever version has the best net code wins IMO. PS3 still has a shot...but netcode usually goes to 360 multiplat games due to live infrastricture.

Really now?  I'd love some examples of these mysterious games.  PS3 generally uses dedicated servers as opposed to Live's hosting bullcrap that gives 1 person an advantage.

The games I've played on PS3 and 360 almost all had better matchmaking and netcode on 360. SSF2HD and Soul Calibur 4...I know that isnt much but both of those games took longer to find matches and timed out more often on the PS3.

Around the Network
windbane said:
FKNetwork said:
windbane said:
disolitude said:

Really now? I'd love some examples of these mysterious games. PS3 generally uses dedicated servers as opposed to Live's hosting bullcrap that gives 1 person an advantage.

Warning! Delusional Sony fanboy alert, everyone exit that way ----->

Had this debate 50 times.  PS3 is usually better because of dedicated servers.  You have anything else to add?

PS3 only has dedicated servers usually on 1st party titles.

Tease.

both demos was same when i played them.

i dont know what the fuss is about, sure on the fotos the 360 version looks to have slight better dirt detail.

but if you go in a shop and say "il have the version with better dirt and rust in backgrounds please" they will think you to be mad.

this is what comparisons like these are, both 360 and ps3 owners should be happy they have a good solid game to play in march.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The most amusing thing about this thread is the fact that I can not see the original pic posted by the thread creator... :)

It be broken with no option to download it.

Good to see this site is still going 

Capcom has been pissing me off this gen.

As a PS3 owner, why do i have a 20 min/5BG install on DMC4. A 5GB on RE5. 5 GB install(optional) on SF4. And i think a 5gb install on a golf game, A GOLF GAME!!! Thats plain laziness on capcom's part.

And whats with the special gifts to xbox users on dead rising 2 and lost planet 2?

BTW...I haven't bought any of this titles, maybe ill buy dead rising 2 if it has some king of multiplayer. But really, i just feel capcom is not treating us ps3 users as well as xbox owners.

PSN = vic_haste

Skeeuk said:
both demos was same when i played them.

i dont know what the fuss is about, sure on the fotos the 360 version looks to have slight better dirt detail.

but if you go in a shop and say "il have the version with better dirt and rust in backgrounds please" they will think you to be mad.

this is what comparisons like these are, both 360 and ps3 owners should be happy they have a good solid game to play in march.

After expereincing the demo of both versions, I can HONESTLY say that the PS3's version texture looks just as good as the 360's stillshot in the original post.  In fact, they both look the same.  That PS3 stillshot is just plain wrong and unrepresentative for whatever reason.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.