By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE5: PS3 vs 360 comparison, WTF?

Why is this still happening? Capcom are supposed to be a respected developer and even they are still pulling shit like this. It's ridiculous, really.

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123

Around the Network

Another big difference was the absence of self-shadowing for the PS3 version in the comparison I saw.

But of course this is a demo comparison, right? The final versions could look more similar.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Is it really that big of a deal? "Ooo...look. The 360 version looks a little grimier." Christ. You'd think we were staring at two different games here with the way these comparisons always get center stage.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Whichever version has the best net code wins IMO. PS3 still has a shot...but netcode usually goes to 360 multiplat games due to live infrastricture.

Oh... Damn those capcom people!

They are using different buttons to do the same thing! What can't the Xbox 360 use the X button as well?

I swear the 360 version is being shafted on the controller layout. What a dirty trick to play Sony/Capcom! FFS, stiffing Xbox 360 gamers with the worser layout...

Tease.

Around the Network

Xbox360 version looks a bit better but for god's sake, it's the same thing!

the difference is so small that it can be ignored

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

PS3 still looks much better than the proposed Wii version... :P

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Xbox360 version looks a bit better but for god's sake, it's the same thing!

the difference is so small that it can be ignored

If you compare the two wall textures, they may as well be from two different generations. The 360 version is a huge leap ahead of the PS3 version with regards to detail. How can you ignore that? Being happy with laziness or a sub-par product is just stupid.

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123

Honestly these comparisons are pointless, and even if the 360 version is better looking, who cares?!

I'm pretty sure we'll see some changes between the demo and the final release. I played the 360 version first and thought it was awesome, then played the ps3 a few days later and it just felt like it was unfinished. Loading took awhile, the graphics and position of screens for co-op looked off, and the game crashed/froze on loading a few times, needing a complete ps3 restart. It was much too shoddy to be a final release version...