By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite RPG Battle System

Mines Is

Xenogears because of the insane combo moves you can pull off, 2 different types of battles systems One where you fight fist to fist and one where you can use the gears, Epic battle theme, Citan with a sword.

Tales of Vesperia because it is sooooooooo action-packed and there is a huge amount of customization, hundreds of different arts and spells you can pull off, super insane combos, Burst Arts and Mystic Arts(kind of like the limit breaks of the game) and 4 player co-op so you can enjoy the action with your friends.The battle system can be as complex or as simple as the player wants it to be.

whats yours?

Around the Network

i would have to say a grid based turn system like in disgaea 3. also to some extent in enchanted arms.

i find it very interesting to have specific char placement aswell as pulling off turn based moves.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

SO3 was my favorite before Vesperia blew it to heck and back. Judging from videos though, SO4 will probably be my next favorite system.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Mother 2 and 3 gets a mention for the rolling health system, which can turn battles into lunatic frantic struggles for survival when in msot other games you would be dead. Makes it all very intense.

Final Fantasy XII also gets a mention.

Persona 4 for having alot of strategy and thought in a turn-based system

Valkyria for a very cool strategy RPG set up.

Earthbound for the same reason as Khuutra and because I just love that game in general.

Around the Network

Tales of Symphonia for me

valkyria has the best battle system for a strategy rpg.

Anything turn-based.

Stuff like Vesperia gets on my nerves tbh.

There is only one and ONLY one battle system that is good for RPG's and that is turnbased.

I really really dislike some of todays RPG's battlesystems wich only require spamming one or two buttons, like UI for example.

But guess that's one thing I have to live with sadly or else I won't have any RPG's to play.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Persona 4, Star Ocean 3, Chrono Trigger

I like the Tales of Symphonia one, really fun.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."