By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite RPG Battle System

How can anyone like the FFXII battlesystem??

I mean the only thing you had to do to win every single battle was just moving around. gambit was and is the worst thing ever happen to RPG's, you don't have to do a thing.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:

I mean the only thing you had to do to win every single battle was just moving around. gambit was and is the worst thing ever happen to RPG's, you don't have to do a thing.

The gambit system was awesome because it took away the tedium of normal battle while still being very involved for tthe important boss fights.

Also: more of you need to play Mother 3.

I call it chessboard style.

Basically Final Fantasy Tactics & Shining Force.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Khuutra said:
Naum said:

The gambit system was awesome because it took away the tedium of normal battle while still being very involved for tthe important boss fights.

Also: more of you need to play Mother 3.

Ok, so 1.) I personally never used the Gambit system, go figure.

2.) Have I mentioned that I love you? :3 not just because it's Valentine's day either.

Yeah, Mother 2 and 3 have my favorite battle system, though there are other good ones. I just really dig the Rolling HP system, Rhythm battles were a really nice addition too.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

I usually prefer strategy RPGS and Growlanser 2 was one of my faves, fire emblem, Tactics ogre and others as well.

Around the Network

The last time I was completely involved with the battle system of a RPG was with Chrono Cross. Other battle systems after that were fun, but not Chrono Cross fun.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Final Fantasy X, true turn based bliss, I could leave with it being my turn to attack and come back 6 hours later and it would still be my turn to attack lol i liked it much better than the older attack bar style

1. Vagrant Story (best active battle sytem yet)

2. FF7 ( the orbs rocked)

3. Xenogears

All legends

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD