By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite RPG Battle System

KOTOR has the best system I have seen for an RPG

Around the Network
Naum said:
There is only one and ONLY one battle system that is good for RPG's and that is turnbased.

I really really dislike some of todays RPG's battlesystems wich only require spamming one or two buttons, like UI for example.

But guess that's one thing I have to live with sadly or else I won't have any RPG's to play.

the question was what rpg battle system you like the most?

I like Lunar ones, normal turn based where you set what everyone does, but they move on the battle map to melee range. Overall turn-based is good though, not the biggest fan of Action RPG. SRPG are good as well.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

g-value said:
Naum said:
There is only one and ONLY one battle system that is good for RPG's and that is turnbased.

I really really dislike some of todays RPG's battlesystems wich only require spamming one or two buttons, like UI for example.

But guess that's one thing I have to live with sadly or else I won't have any RPG's to play.

the question was what rpg battle system you like the most?

Any kind of turnbased is 10X better then any button smashing spamming RPG

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

The best would be Golden Sun's for me, because it is:

1. turn-based, which is still the best for RPG's (although the Tales series is fine too).

2. Giving you variety, with attacking phsycally, psynergy, using djinns or summons.

3. kept simple anyways, not too much annyoing state-effecting things (unlike FF).

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

FFX, it's just perfect!

Grandia's is pretty good imo.

The text-based turn-based system that my mates started on in yesterday's computing class, lol.

I made a login system.

nobody here likes xenogears combat system?

g-value said:
nobody here likes xenogears combat system?

The first post, even 3rd word was Xenogears ^^

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."