Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:
naznatips said:
MikeB said:
I think many people are misinformed by the media and maybe some XBox 360 fans. Blu-Ray in the PS3 is very desirable as a games media, even multi-platform games developers have complained about the lack on storage available on DVD for the XBox 360.

And what benefit have we seen from this? Heavenly Sword is a 6-7 hour game. That's just plain ridiculous. Twilight Princess is a 40 hour game, and it fits on a 1.5GB Gamecube Minidisc. There is NO BENEFIT to this extra storage space. You want to tell me why 50GBs of space haven't resulted in a game even half the length of 1.5GBs of space? Blu-ray has no benefit to the gaming industry as far as we have seen.

Frankly, I think you'd have to be an idiot to say something like that. The disc size has absolutely nothing to do with the game length. I can make a 1,000 hour game on a single floppy disc and not even fill it up. That doesn't make it a good game. And, in fact, I'd have to say that HS is probably a better game at 6-7 hours than it would have been at 15-20 and it's somehting I'm more likely to pick up.

Some people don't want to, or simply can't, devote dozens of hours to a single game and still hope to play others throughout the year. The last time I played a game that lasted me over 100 hours it was literally the only game I played for the first 4 months that I owned it, and it was still the focus of most of my playing for another 6 months after that.

If All I have for gaming is 10 hours a month, I don't want HS to last 20 hours. Simple as that. Just because you don't have to work to keep a roof over your head and food in your mouth (let alone the cost of gas, children, school, clothes, etc.) doesn't mean I have the luxury of sitting on my ass and doing nothing productive for 30 hours every week.

That's funny, because the biggest argument of PS3 owners in support of Blu-ray is that it will increase game length.  Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to your own side's stance, or at least find another way to justify blu-ray if it won't be used to increase the length of the gaming experience.  Heavenly Sword for example claims to have 10GB of audio in their 7 hour game.  Of course, you could compress all that down to small enough to fit on a DVD-9 along with a full game experience and lose next to none of that quality.  Is that what we are going to do with Blu-ray?  Just stop compressing things to make miniscule improvements in quality?

Not only that, but I have to ask, who the hell would pay $600 for something they are only going to use for 10 hours of the month, much less another $60 for a game that's only 6 hours long? Not only that, but if you take the time to come and post on a gaming site something tells me you have a lot more time than you are pretending to have.  Certainly you are the only person I have ever met who thinks it's a good idea to have less value in a game for the cost.  Perhaps you picked the wrong system, as most PS3 owners like to consider their game system to be one designed for core gamers.  

You want to talk about luxury?  I work 30 hours a week and go to college another 12 hours a week.  I pay rent, I pay for food, and I pay college loans all at the same time.  I am not going to spend my hard earned money on a game system I'm only going to use for 10 hours a month.  I am certainly not going to spend $60 on a video game that will only deliver 7 hours of entertainment.  Apparently all your responsibilities that you claim to have taught you that it's a good idea to waste thousands of dollars on things you hardly use.

Killzone3 said:
Solidar said:
dtewi said:
Solidar, if you didn't post how the PS3 is a sinking ship this would not have happened. But you shouldn't have insulted someone in your post Hus. This was a non-biased article and you came here and flamed on it, you shouldn't have done that.

And that's exactly why Hus should be banned...all he does is flame people....

No, your the one that should be baned.  You started this, your the one flaming people becasue of their opinion.. 

Some noob out of nowhere goes attacks hus, are you GBallZack.  I know those two did not get along, this is something she probably would do.

Some noob out of nowhere attacks Hus? Excuse me, but Hus came on here and made a childish, cuss-filled post bashing the original poster. The fact that you use the word noob shows me that you are an uneducated teen-ager. Are you referring to my amount of posts when you say that? I never knew you had to have no life and have 10000000 posts before you could make an opinion.

The PS3 does not need to compete with the Wii to survive .The Wii as a system is just far to different and unique to get all the games. The PS3 only needs to succeed against the 360 and produce decent sales for the games it has coming up to place it's foot down.

I think that when the big games for the PS3 come out, you will see the 360 lead over the PS3 greatly decrease. The Wii does not enter into this equation, nor does it need to.

Enjoy the first day, Solidar, 'cause if you keep attacking people like you have been it could also be your last.

And the fact of the matter is, your gaming experience = shit. Really, if you had ECONOMIC experience you'd be aware of the fact that thanks to inflation the early Atari systems actually launched at a higher price. SOME people may not be aware of the difference that has on the pocketbook, but I can assure you most people look at the cost of gas and the cost of the PS3 and realize the cost of gaming isn't rising that fast at all.

Nintendo is really the only company in the business that thinks $200 is a good price. Even retailers have told them they are asking for way too little. That's economics for you, though. And clearly the retailers were correct, since the thing has stayed sold out at $250 and almost certainly would have at $300.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
So we should just ingore Hus's insults because you side with him Killzone3?

So whats you problem with the post, i see

"Sony's main focus at present remains firmly on the PS2 and the PSP"

I agree with him, thats a pretty dumb commnent.

Just becasue you or others dont that does not mean you should cry ban him. What pro sony opinion is not alowed o here just come out and say it.

@ Solidar

I do have over 20 years of gaming experience and I do know, for a fact, that no system that has ever cost consumers as much as the PS3 has ever been successful.

You assume the PS3 will cost the same 5 years from now?

I owned a Coleco vision and Vectrex in the early 80s. I know what a single game like Doom can do for a platform (mass expensive PC upgrades)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

jhlennon1 said:
The PS3 does not need to compete with the Wii to survive .The Wii as a system is just far to different and unique to get all the games. The PS3 only needs to succeed against the 360 and produce decent sales for the games it has coming up to place it's foot down.

I think that when the big games for the PS3 come out, you will see the 360 lead over the PS3 greatly decrease. The Wii does not enter into this equation, nor does it need to.

Of course it doesn't.  Everyone and their brother keeps talking about how the Wii has expanded the market to previous non-gamers.  That means the people who would have bought a PS3 before have, to a likely sizable degree, not picked up the Wii in place of the PS3.  Some may have grabbed it as an interim console while they wait for the PS3 price to come down, but the Wii isn't exactly stealing Sony's main consumer away.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Hus said:
Well written by dumb. Their bitching about what enough hardcore games and lack of PS3 support LOL. The guy who wrote it might want to do a llittle research and learn just how big Sonys dev capability is and that 90% of it is being focused on the PS3 and NOT the PS2 or PSP.

Thats article is just opinion based on a lacks of knowledge.

"Sony's main focus at present remains firmly on the PS2 and the PSP"

This pretty much shows the writer has no clue wtf hes writing about, and its right from the start.

I whole heartedly agree, and will probably get attacked for it even possibly banned.

The article has good points but the whole PS brand is not about gaming vibe is dumb, go though the list of Sony developers and just about all of them are hard at work on PS3 software.

Of course Hus didn't start it, but he sure as hell continued it. Pro-sony opinion is allowed but he insulted others and he has a flame record and should be banned for flaming in many topics. He has flamed numerous times. Solidar should have a warning considering he has not been on this site for very long. But Hus has been flaming forever and should be banned now.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you