By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You Originally Thought Link's Name Was Zelda

I remember one of the first commercial I saw of Legend of Zelda where they had some guy dressed up in black and he kept saying Zelda Zelda and the enemy names… I guess that is why I never thought Link was Zelda. It sounded like he was looking for Zelda.

Those old commercials for the NES games were great!! To bad Sony doesn’t do stuff like that for the PS3.

Around the Network

no, the first Zelda game I played was Zelda II: The Adventures of Link. I knew he was Link, and I never doubted it. Also, I had Nintendo Cereal System, with Mario & Zelda, with shields, keys, boomerang, and berry-flavored links.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Guilty.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

yeh...

Guilty as charged.

Before I played my first Zelda game, I assumed you played as Zelda. I figured out I was wrong pretty quickly though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Yes, me too. The first one I played was Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Here's another one who thought Pit was called Icarus?

Considering the first time I heard about Pit was in Brawl, he was "Pit" already, I later found out he comes from Kid Icarus game.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I didn't think Link was Zelda, but I did think Zelda was the main character.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Not as bad as thinking samus' name is metroid and she is a robot.

sc94597 said:
Not as bad as thinking samus' name is metroid and she is a robot.

yeah, my first was Metroid II: Return of Samus.  The title made me think 'Samus' was the villain XD 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."