By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You Originally Thought Link's Name Was Zelda

On topic, I knew Zelda was a princess...

My first game was LoZ:Lttp and I was one of the ones who actually watch the intro and it said princess Zelda...

Though I’ve always felt the title should have been something like, “Legend of the Triforce

Around the Network

I still love LttP.. It’s the game that got me in the series.

I came to United States in ’95 and SNES was my first console, LttP was one of my first games.

I still play it on VC. It’s a tie w/ LoZ:Oot

Nope.

Read in the intro. I remember thinking "Link is a weird name."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

woopah said:
well my first zelda game was the gameboy one with the wind fish and you had to collect the 8 different instruments. i mena its called legend of zelda but that game didnt even have a zelda, or the tryforce or ganandorf or anything. no one remembers that one and i loved it

another weird thing. the character is known commonly as link yet you choose what to call him. its really weird. is there any other character like this?

Tons of games allow you to name your character, despite them having a predefined name.

Almost all of the main characters from Final Fantasy games.  Cloud, Tidus, Squall, everyone from the 2D games... hell, I remember naming Tidus Lance, forgetting, then wondering who the hell Tidus was when everyone was talking about it XD 

Also the Earthbound/Mother games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Nah I always called him Link since my first game was ALttP and at the very beginning they Zelda speaks to Link. ;)

Around the Network

guilty :p

Yea, but then i reliased that it was Link.

lol oh god did i ever. back in the nes days yea i did, then the zelda 2 adventures of link came out n made it clear hes link. now all they got to do is explain the time/story line n y they r all called link n y zelda is also always called zedla. is ganondorf all ways the same 1984 n link n zelda just reincarnated?

>_> umm....yes....xD

no i remember reading princess zelda in the game