By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the 360 dominate Japan??? (It's going to happen)

@ dianko: true, but the PS3 wiped out those months of lower sales in 1 week :)

Around the Network

This is exactly the same fuzzy logic as PS3 fans did have 2007. Domination != you are losing less. :P

MrMeToo said:
you my friend are wrong

Japan is a complex market if you don't understand let me clarify it for you,

they only play games made in japan thats no. 1 (there is no western franchise that they play)

no. 2 is that these spikes in sales are because of so4 watch what happens with ps3 once yakuza 3 comes around

no.3 there are no japanese companies with the exception of SE that are developing exclusives for the console

no.4 Microsoft dominates America sony dominates Japan and Europe is the battleground that is the reality of this generation

and with tha have a good day

A few months back i would have agreed, however do you know how many japanese people i have on my PSN because of games such as Resistance 2 and GTA IV ?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Joke thread!

numonex said:

So X360 is the only console to have improved in Japan in sales YoY and in comparison to last weeks sales.

X360 will never be the dominate console in Japan due to it being a foreign (US) made console competing aginst Portables and Consoles which are made by Japanese companies.

That is less and less true...

Indeed portable devices rules the market, but for the rest (HD console), developers are severly lacking of imagination and inovation (said that japanese guy, I can't remember of , needs to find back the article on videgamesbiz, maybe Kojima).

The inovation comes from the west now... Japanese developers are lagging behind...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

your Joking right???

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

LOL DUDEZ :D

Watch its sales plummet when they're out of "Last Hopes".

Notice it barely sells any software there.

if I earned one more dollar, does that make me the richest?

LOL

If the Xbox 360 takes over Japan then the PS3 has a very good chance of hitting that 150 million mark that Kaz said it'll hit.