Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the 360 dominate Japan??? (It's going to happen)

No

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
MrMeToo said:
you my friend are wrong

Japan is a complex market if you don't understand let me clarify it for you,

they only play games made in japan thats no. 1 (there is no western franchise that they play)

no. 2 is that these spikes in sales are because of so4 watch what happens with ps3 once yakuza 3 comes around

no.3 there are no japanese companies with the exception of SE that are developing exclusives for the console

no.4 Microsoft dominates America sony dominates Japan and Europe is the battleground that is the reality of this generation

and with tha have a good day

You just posted four facts, which are all wrong. The Japanese market is complex, perhaps too complex for you.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

okay so refute the 4 facts then

explain how they are wrong i am no fanboy if you can make valid points I will listen

No and never. It may outsell PS3 and Wii for 1 week during Star Ocean 4 launch week. The reason it sell better because its price is much cheaper than last year. PSP,DSI,PS3, and Wii are all the same. Imagine if PS3 has same price as X360 . It may sell better DSi.

360 will never dominate Japan. The Wii has a 6 million unit lead, and the PS3, a 2 million lead.

The best the 360 can hope for is sporadic victories against either console, which it's been getting since it's price dropped.

However, MS is in a good position for a #2 entry with it's next-gen system.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Man you guys are dumb, it's a joke thread.

Funny mate, haha.

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Valdens said:
Man you guys are dumb, it's a joke thread.

Funny mate, haha.

We know it's a joke.  It's just an unfunny one.  Lame.

MrMeToo said:

okay so refute the 4 facts then

explain how they are wrong i am no fanboy if you can make valid points I will listen

I can refute one, which is the SO4 one. Sales don't pick up usually until the week before or mostly the week of the release of big software in Japan. The 360 has seen massive (percentage wise) YOY increases in sales for a many months now, so it seems pretty reasonable to say that the increased sales are indicative of the consoles greater acceptance in the market than the release of a piece of software a few weeks off. I could see the 360 outselling even the Wii during the release week of SO4 (it came very close to doing it the week either ToV or IU released).

Hell, I could even see the 360 and PS3 reaching weekly parity later in the year. After all, the 360 did outsell the PS3 in Japan for 2 months last year.

Take my love, take my land..

@ Dianko

Those 2 months.....

You aren't talking about Japan, right?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.