By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the 360 dominate Japan??? (It's going to happen)

Console
Last Week
This Week

67,460 54,621
  43,609 36,365

24,309 20,896

16,923 16,779

7,398 8,096

360: +698
PS3: -144
Wii: -3,413
PSP: -7,244
DS: -12,839

And for YoY:

Console
Last Year
This Year

59,202 54,621

75,435 36,365
  82,780 20,896
  22,942 16,779

3,355 8,096

360: +4,741
DS: -4,581
PS3: -6,163
PSP: -39,070
Wii: -61,884

As you can see the 360 was the only console to sell more year on year as well as week on week. This means at this rate the 360 will sell more than every system including ds EVENTUALLY!

Around the Network

Handhelds own the Japanese gaming markets now.

Dumbest thread ever!

lol no way the 360 will ever surpass the DS but I do agree Microsoft has made huge steps with the Japanese market this generation compared to last gen.

Yup, in the next few years all the consoles will be entering the negatives, as 360 makes up for everybody's old share.

Around the Network

By the time it catches Ds sales this gen will be over.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Why ask a question in the thread name, if you're going to post your own answer right next to it...

you my friend are wrong

Japan is a complex market if you don't understand let me clarify it for you,

they only play games made in japan thats no. 1 (there is no western franchise that they play)

no. 2 is that these spikes in sales are because of so4 watch what happens with ps3 once yakuza 3 comes around

no.3 there are no japanese companies with the exception of SE that are developing exclusives for the console

no.4 Microsoft dominates America sony dominates Japan and Europe is the battleground that is the reality of this generation

and with tha have a good day

MrMeToo said:
you my friend are wrong

Japan is a complex market if you don't understand let me clarify it for you,

they only play games made in japan thats no. 1 (there is no western franchise that they play)

no. 2 is that these spikes in sales are because of so4 watch what happens with ps3 once yakuza 3 comes around

no.3 there are no japanese companies with the exception of SE that are developing exclusives for the console

no.4 Microsoft dominates America sony dominates Japan and Europe is the battleground that is the reality of this generation

and with tha have a good day

Nicely DONE couldn't of said it better myself.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

So X360 is the only console to have improved in Japan in sales YoY and in comparison to last weeks sales.

X360 will never be the dominate console in Japan due to it being a foreign (US) made console competing aginst Portables and Consoles which are made by Japanese companies.