By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Solid Snake vs Master Chief

I know a caveman could kick my ass without breaking a sweat.

We evolved, we dont need that brute force anymore.

I dont get it. How in that universe, with all that wonderful tecnology. Mankind somehow got stronger (instead of fatter and with better hand/eye cordination than the previous generation).....[/quote]
When you rebuild humans so that they can fight a much more powerful coalition of species in a galaxy-spanning war, they tend to get tough. Cavemen didn't have stuff to fight like we're apparently going to have in the 2500's.

I dont buy the whole, rebuilding humans teory... I mean these guys havent invented a better weapon than a shotgun. I was expecting a nano atomic antrax bomb launcher...ray.... VIRUS.

And we all know that to prevent an alien invation all we need is a piece of plywood with a nail on it.

PSN = vic_haste

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:

Yes but thats the thing, if you take snake into halo he gets that treatment also! Master chief and MANY others get the same treatment. snake is a one of a kind deal. so whatever the chief gets snake would get also. So he starts off better,, and stays better as he gets the same upgrades and training.

If chief is in MGS he wouldnt be a clone, he would be some average joe. He wouldnt get the upgrades that snake got because he isnt special like snake. See what I mean? You take someone who is special by all accounts of the word. I highly doubt the halo universe wouldnt give him the same benefits they gave master chief right?

I am talking about Chief before his enhancements. Snake is "perfect" in that his genes come together very well, he has all the operative soldier genes, what have you, but...

Look, you ever heard of the Uberboy? A kid whose muscular growth was so uncontrolled that at age four he could perform feats of strength and endurance that men five times his age were unable to replicate? Solid Snake is not like that. Master Chief isn't quite like that either, but he's close. Solid Snake is called perfect, but Master Chief by default is a step beyond that, something of a eugenic masterpiece. If he were in the MGS world, he would probably be a farmer or a lawyer or something, but if he were a soldier he owuld still be physically more capable of tearing a perso nto shreds than Solid Snake.

But that's not the point. We can't give Snake enhancements that he doesn't have, and we can't use Master Chief from before the enhancements, either, because he was in pre-school.

Taken as they are, sans armor, sans or with same weapons, Master Chief would beat Solid Snake to death. That's the point.

How does Master Chief beat Snake?

Old Brawl code..ask for my new one..

-.- if you are going to include super powers then when snake was cloned they could have altered his genes in such a way to do the same damn thing. No matter how you word it snake is better suited for this show down. Think about it, they altered his damn genes. They could do whatever the hell they wanted with him. So if perfect is all they can do in MGS, in halo i imagine that they could do "beyond perfect" as you say. So snake still wins over all. Cause they could have customized everything about him.

gotta go with the chief, both have genetic modification to the extreme, both have extensive training in all forms of combat, just some light back story into the chief have him being a badass even without the armor. both are recognized as world class being the best or the lone known survivor of their groups. both defy the odds. both have awesome future tech.

the issue of age favors the chief because of the cryo sleep he lives in most the time despite being chronologically and octogenarian, he has the body of a man still in his prime also due to genetic mods. snake is genetic planed obsoleteness hurts, but we could take him when he was younger just to even the odds and keep both on the same foot

however chiefs armor and systems would negate snakes stealth. the shield outside of the armor would have to be shorted out for a knife to work. master chief also has the benefit of being 7 foot 2 and weighting as much as a car in the suit of armor while still maintaining reflexes superior to a normal human most likly at the same level of snakes genetically altered reactions.

so after all of this ill say snake if chief is without armor and its a young snake in a warehouse or something, and chief anywhere in armor or vs an old snake.

*for snake to beat the chief while not in armor snake needs to get the drop on chief

** agent 47 could kill the chief if the chief was not in armor and had the drop on him too....

***agent 47 would kill both of them, with fiber wire or silver ballers before the could take him down even if the chief and snake were working together

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Oh for Heaven's sake.

Master Chief is something like 60 years old at the beginning of the first Halo game. He's been going to war for longer than Solid Snake has been alive. He's trained in hand to hand combat so lethal that Solid Snake's body doesn't have the capacity to even perform it because his bones couldn't stand up to the pressure.

Solid Snake is the perfect human specimen.

Master Chief is a freak of nature, enhanced to be able to move in a suit of armor that weighs over a thousand pounds, able to break men in half with his bare hands, move with superhuman agility - you name it, he's able to do it. The reason he wears his super bad-ass armor and nobody else does is because Spartans (the Halo ones, not the Greek ones) are the only people in the universe capable of running around in them.

Solid Snake is a bad son of a bitch, pushing the line of believability in terms of human ability, but Master Chief goes several steps beyond that, even without his armor. Master Chief would obliterate Solid Snake.

No, that does not mean Master Chief is cooler.

No, it does not mean he is more engaging.

It just means he would kick Solid Snake's ass so hard it wouldn't even be worth the Pay-Per-View.

Except for the age of master chief i agree with this thread.

Snake is one tough badass but a guy that can wear thousands of poonds of armor can prolly own snake with his bare hands. Master chief wins by KO

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

DP sorry 

Sharky54 said:
-.- if you are going to include super powers then when snake was cloned they could have altered his genes in such a way to do the same damn thing. No matter how you word it snake is better suited for this show down. Think about it, they altered his damn genes. They could do whatever the hell they wanted with him. So if perfect is all they can do in MGS, in halo i imagine that they could do "beyond perfect" as you say. So snake still wins over all. Cause they could have customized everything about him.

your missing that the chief has been altered too... it basically the same, the chief had to be altered to use the armor... most of the time the genetic and physical alterations killed or crippled the people it was done too, 

Also this is why I hate halo. People jump over 9000 feet in the air, and wear suits that wear over 9000 pounds? Yeah impossible even WITH genetic altering. The human body does have limits. Innate limits like how strong bones and flesh can be.I am not talking about muscle strength.

EDITKnow what? if they are modded etc etc etc. They are the same exact god damn things. SNAKE IS MASTER CHIEF

simple as that.Master cheif is snake etc etc. Snake was frozen for a couple hundred years and taken to the halo universe where he was altered etc etc. there you go. neither can win. they are the same person. now maybe i have a reason to like halo

Sharky54 said:

you don't get it according to the rules you can't do that.  No messing with each persons bodies thus its Snake as he appears in the MGS series with no weapons versus John 117 as he appears in Halo with no weapons / armor.  And in that case Snake stands less a chance than a snowball in hell of living.