By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Solid Snake vs Master Chief

If you are to compare them, You should bring them to the same universe etc etc. If you bring snake to Halo, You have him being a spartan + big boss. IMO that gives him the edge. Master Chief doesn't stand out either. All Spartans are the same. I guess this would be the same with snake if he was a spartan. But he would come from naturally better genes.

Take master chief into the MGS universe and he wouldn't stand a chance without all his uber powers and power suits. I know I may seem biased, But I am not a huge MGS fan or anything. I like the series(only beat 2 and 4). The fact of the matter remains. master chief is trained with weapons, snake is trained with both. if you drag them into each others universe then snake will win either way.

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
If you are to compare them, You should bring them to the same universe etc etc. If you bring snake to Halo, You have him being a spartan + big boss. IMO that gives him the edge. Master Chief doesn't stand out either. All Spartans are the same. I guess this would be the same with snake if he was a spartan. But he would come from naturally better genes.

Take master chief into the MGS universe and he wouldn't stand a chance without all his uber powers and power suits. I know I may seem biased, But I am not a huge MGS fan or anything. I like the series(only beat 2 and 4). The fact of the matter remains. master chief is trained with weapons, snake is trained with both. if you drag them into each others universe then snake will win either way.

This is interesting, but it's ultimatley meaningless because we have no point of reference here. Master Chief is one of less than a hundred (I think, could be more or less) people who were even qualified to participate in the Spartan project, out of all the billions and billions of humans living on different worlds at the time. Even before his surgical and bionic enhancements, he's a genetic freak of nature who is predisposed to being far faster, stronger, and smarter than the average person. More than that, he was traind in hand to hand combat skills more than five hundred years beyond ours, and has more wartime experience than Solid Snake has spent sleeping in his entire life.

Solid Snake is the pinnacle of positive genes, yes, within the bounds of normal human limits.

Master Chief is what would happen if you turned off all the limiters on human biology which restrict our strength and whatnot. That's part of why he has to be surgically enhanced - his body wouldn't be able to stand up to his own strength running full steam ahead.

But Solid Snake doesn't have surgical and cybernetic enhancements, so it's a moot point.

MC easily. He can jump like 15 feet!

Khuutra said:
Sharky54 said:

This is interesting, but it's ultimatley meaningless because we have no point of reference here. Master Chief is one of less than a hundred (I think, could be more or less) people who were even qualified to participate in the Spartan project, out of all the billions and billions of humans living on different worlds at the time. Even before his surgical and bionic enhancements, he's a genetic freak of nature who is predisposed to being far faster, stronger, and smarter than the average person. More than that, he was traind in hand to hand combat skills more than five hundred years beyond ours, and has more wartime experience than Solid Snake has spent sleeping in his entire life.

Solid Snake is the pinnacle of positive genes, yes, within the bounds of normal human limits.

Master Chief is what would happen if you turned off all the limiters on human biology which restrict our strength and whatnot. That's part of why he has to be surgically enhanced - his body wouldn't be able to stand up to his own strength running full steam ahead.

But Solid Snake doesn't have surgical and cybernetic enhancements, so it's a moot point.

Snakes Genes were altered. If he lived in master cheifs world he would have been picked for such enchancements LOOOOONG before the chief. Look at it this way. If snake is a perfect human for fight in one world. Why wont he be so in another? He would be given everything master chief has, but more then likly have a better base to work with. Also if he was in halo, he wouldnt have been "sleeping" as you say. he would have been fighting wars etc etc also. no matter how you slice it a person with better genes and abilities BEFORE you alter them will still have better genes and abilties AFTER you alter them. You just cant argue that. 

Look at computers. My computer is a quad core but i have a shitty video card. Yours is a dual core but has a better video, if we both pimp out the video cards and ram etc etc to the max. who will still have a better computer by the end of the day?

Its obvious many people in here known nothing about Halo cannon. While Snake may edge out the chief in the coolness factor if you look at both characters story lines Chief would kill snake in litteraly under a minute.

Been trained to kill since he was 5 or so
Cybernetic Implants
His entire skeleton is rebuilt and fused with multiple graphs for added strength so snake wouldn't be able to snap his neck
He's seven feet tall and without armor can run approx. 2-3 times faster than a normal human being and has strength easily three or four times a normal man as well as extensive hand to hand and melee combat training.

Snake is awesome but in a death match would be killed within moments.

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:

Snakes Genes were altered. If he lived in master cheifs world he would have been picked for such enchancements LOOOOONG before the chief. Look at it this way. If snake is a perfect human for fight in one world. Why wont he be so in another? He would be given everything master chief has, but more then likly have a better base to work with. Also if he was in halo, he wouldnt have been "sleeping" as you say. he would have been fighting wars etc etc also. no matter how you slice it a person with better genes and abilities BEFORE you alter them will still have better genes and abilties AFTER you alter them. You just cant argue that. 

Look at computers. My computer is a quad core but i have a shitty video card. Yours is a dual core but has a better video, if we both pimp out the video cards and ram etc etc to the max. who will still have a better computer by the end of the day?

That metaphor doesn't mean a lot.

I know Snake's genes were enhanced, and he's "perfect", but you have to understand that in that particular respect Master Chief is better than perfect. He is a freak, one of very few. And no, Snake would not have been picked "way before" the Chief - if he were even eligible for it (there's no guarantee that he would have been) he would have been picked up when he was five or so, just like all the rest of the Spartan candidates.

But that's not the point. Chief's enhancements are part of who he is, and if we take one's very body to be a factor in "fighting on even terms" then this discussion has become largely pointless, since the Chief's hand to hand skills are primarily showcased in the novels and nobody arguing or Snake has read them.

Maybe if Snake were a 6'7, 263-lb. genetic aberration like John-117 and had cybernetic and surgical enhancements he would stand a chance, but he is not and he does not. He would be killed.

BenVTrigger said:
Its obvious many people in here known nothing about Halo cannon. While Snake may edge out the chief in the coolness factor if you look at both characters story lines Chief would kill snake in litteraly under a minute.

Cybernetic Implants
His entire skeleton is rebuilt and fused with multiple graphs for added strength so snake wouldn't be able to snap his neck
He's seven feet tall and without armor can run approx. 2-3 times faster than a normal human being and has strength easily three or four times a normal man as well as extensive hand to hand and melee combat training.

Snake is a clone of an amazing soldier. They tweaked his genes so he would be perfect.He would be a spartan from birth. He wouldnt need to be picked up or found. They would have made him etc etc. You cant have something beyond perfect. perfct is just that perfect. 

Sharky54 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Cybernetic Implants

Snake is a clone of an amazing soldier. They tweaked his genes so he would be perfect.He would be a spartan from birth. He wouldnt need to be picked up or found. They would have made him etc etc. You cant have something beyond perfect. perfct is just that perfect. 

Trying to come up with a good metaphor here

Okay, let's say you have a processor in your computer. Given all things, it operates perfectly - let's pretend it runs at a certain clock speed, never needs external cooling, and is at the peak of what is thought to be possible for the technology. That's Solid Snake.

Now let's pretend you overclock it, and have to shove it into a container full of liquid nitrogen in order to keep it from setting itself on fire. That's Master Chief.

sigh

@Khuutra

as always we are outnumbered by predominatley sony only fans. At the end of the day (and yes I am very familiar with both cannons) Snake just simply could not and would not be able to kill John 117. Snake kills humans and uses stealth and all while John fights and kills giant 8 foot tall Brute Chieftans and Covenant Elites as well as the Flood and hoards of Jackals and Grunts. And the rules were both combatants bodies withno weapons or whatever thus the argument that Snake would have been chosen as a child to join the spartans is groundless because you would be changing his body / history which is not allowed in said rules.

Khuutra said:
Sharky54 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Cybernetic Implants

Trying to come up with a good metaphor here

Okay, let's say you have a processor in your computer. Given all things, it operates perfectly - let's pretend it runs at a certain clock speed, never needs external cooling, and is at the peak of what is thought to be possible for the technology. That's Solid Snake.

Now let's pretend you overclock it, and have to shove it into a container full of liquid nitrogen in order to keep it from setting itself on fire. That's Master Chief.

Yes but thats the thing, if you take snake into halo he gets that treatment also! Master chief and MANY others get the same treatment. snake is a one of a kind deal. so whatever the chief gets snake would get also. So he starts off better,, and stays better as he gets the same upgrades and training.

If chief is in MGS he wouldnt be a clone, he would be some average joe. He wouldnt get the upgrades that snake got because he isnt special like snake. See what I mean? You take someone who is special by all accounts of the word. I highly doubt the halo universe wouldnt give him the same benefits they gave master chief right?