By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owner? tired of being disrespected?

mike_intellivision said:
I just got a 503 (Server unavailable) when I tried to click on this site.

Has anyone gone to it successfully?

Mike

*sigh* ... what perfect timing for YAHOO of all people to have server maintanence.  sorry, looks like you'll just have to bookmark and try again later =\

my appologies...

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Crash_Man said:

hi all,

we've started a website/community to show the gaming world that Wii owners/lovers aren't a bunch of grandparents and that we don't deserve to be insulted every time something comes out (or doesn't come out) for the Wii.

, spread the word and try to get some people to participate in the forum there and get our community off the ground.I think I'm good with ideas, but not advertising, so please tell your friends

I do not profit in any way from the website or its traffic (so much so that I cannot afford a .com !)

so I have no alterier motive other than changing the culture of gaming for the better.

if you visit our site you will see that we are not against the PS3 or 360... we accept all gamers equally. but games do not deserve 1/5 and 2/5 ratings just because they are on the Wii.

we should do our best to change the culture of gaming so that it is no longer in the best interests of media outlets to prioritize HD over gameplay, among other things.

please check out the site, and thank you for your time!

LINK: www.wiiaredeep.tk

~Crash_Man

very true, i'm pretty sure Rygar does not deserves a 1/5 or Tenchu 2/5, for the sake of god

thanks for posting, what you are saying is not wrong at all

i have posted many time pics froma wii game callled jawa the mamuth hunter, just to show that most wii dev have no intention of making a good game, they just want money.

This here is worst that a N64 game, this is shameless

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Torillian said:
Crash_Man said:
Torillian said:
Well then what is the unfair part about those scores? Having one reviewer who thinks differently about a game happens all the time, and they seemed to justify their scores perfectly fine within the context of their own review, so where's the issue, where's the bias?

it's not about one review, or one anything. if you really don't believe the Wii is looked down upon the gaming community, despite having plenty of quality titles, then I guess you don't need to concern yourself with this topic.

again, please look around the website first... it's all detailed there. including a long list of worth-while Wii titles.

The gaming community may or may not look down upon the Wii, but you are the one who brought up these reviews and stated that they only occurred because they were on the Wii. You have done absolutely nothing to back that up.

And no, I will not go read your website, you brought up the discussion here so lets discuss it.

A) if you refuse to go see what one has to say, then there is no point to any discussion.

B) no, I didn't bring up the discussion.... this thread was merely to point folks in the direction of some already well-detailed thoughts. you are not obligated to view them if you don't wish to.

Your right its perfectly fine to have a portion of a consoles library being ports from older generations. Rygar on the PS2 is worth five dollars now. Why would you pay 40 dollars for it now?

Virtual Console games and PSN releases are the original games with prices that range from 5 to 10 dollars.

I fail to see how low review scores have anything to do with insulting Wii owners. A review is a guide to base purchasing decisions upon. So what if one review seems out of place that is what other reviews are for.

If a game like Tenchu is bad(not saying it is or is not) what does it matter who developed it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Problem with reviews is most games will be reviewed by a serious male gamer. (are there any female reviewers and how about recruiting one here?)

Why not get a broad panel to review games anda have a few different point of views from peope such as: gamer, child, teen, long term casual gamer, new gamer etc etc?

I guarantee if a wide variety of people reviewed games instead of just gamers a lot of games that scored 9/10+ would have nowhere near that score!

Who are they to say killing soldiers in COD4 or aliens in HALO 3 is any more fun or satisfying than completing a task in Cooking Mama or planting a nice row of flowers in Animal crossing.

Let's see some over 60s reviewing 42 all time classics (clubhouse games) VS GTA4 and see which gets a higher score! :0P

Around the Network
radha said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Crash_Man said:

hi all,

we've started a website/community to show the gaming world that Wii owners/lovers aren't a bunch of grandparents and that we don't deserve to be insulted every time something comes out (or doesn't come out) for the Wii.

, spread the word and try to get some people to participate in the forum there and get our community off the ground.I think I'm good with ideas, but not advertising, so please tell your friends

I do not profit in any way from the website or its traffic (so much so that I cannot afford a .com !)

so I have no alterier motive other than changing the culture of gaming for the better.

if you visit our site you will see that we are not against the PS3 or 360... we accept all gamers equally. but games do not deserve 1/5 and 2/5 ratings just because they are on the Wii.

we should do our best to change the culture of gaming so that it is no longer in the best interests of media outlets to prioritize HD over gameplay, among other things.

please check out the site, and thank you for your time!

LINK: www.wiiaredeep.tk

~Crash_Man

very true, i'm pretty sure Rygar does not deserves a 1/5 or Tenchu 2/5, for the sake of god

thanks for posting, what you are saying is not wrong at all

i have posted many time pics froma wii game callled jawa the mamuth hunter, just to show that most wii dev have no intention of making a good game, they just want money.

This here is worst that a N64 game, this is shameless

that's true and that's terrible. but my website has 0% to do with games like that.  please read the site, you will see that all consoles have had shovelware.... the Wii is just the only one to get a reputation for it because sales have been through the roof.

folks like the ones on this board are more likely not concerned with a "mamuth hunter." so why care if they are even made?

over the years, Sony has had a ton of dress-up, fashion games in its library.  do you think that should define its merit as a console? I don't.

nor should "mamuth hunter" define the Wii or, more importantly, its gamers.

reminder: our site is hardly focused on the notion of game scores and its reviews.... =)

also, Signalstar, my problem is... I really enjoy the "hardcore" (*shudder* hate that word) on the Wii. I think a lot of other people do too. the more this "Wii is only for non-gamers" mentality pervades, the more reviewers will not want to sacrifice their "cred" and give Wii games a good review, the fewer people will buy them, the less money they will make, the less "core" games will be released for the Wii. and that will make us sad.

it's not good to perpetuate the divide between Cooking Mama and Gears of War. people can, and should, be able to enjoy both without worrying about "being hardcore" or being anything.... but respected for their passion about gaming.

Crash_Man said:
mike_intellivision said:
I just got a 503 (Server unavailable) when I tried to click on this site.

Has anyone gone to it successfully?

Mike

*sigh* ... what perfect timing for YAHOO of all people to have server maintanence. sorry, looks like you'll just have to bookmark and try again later =

my appologies...

ah, it said server maintanence but really it is that my site has exceeded its hourly bandwidth. (again, we're very grass roots right now.  if a real community gets going then I'll spend some money and upgrade to a real webservice).

please check back later, it resets the bandwidth limit every hour. =)

Signalstar said:
Rygar is a port of an Eight year old game that received absolutely no improvements which begs the question why bother? And every tenchu games after the first has gotten poor reviews. Tenchu Z on the 360 got a bad score on the DS and even the PSP port of Tenchu 4 will get poor scores.

Yeah absolutly man, so because every tenchu games were bad before, the new ones are sure to be bad too. That make a lot of sens especially since tenchu is good actually...   It is like saying every simpson episode was good so even if they make the next one wtih zero effort and no jokes or anything of quality, its gonna be good anyway.

Disrespected? by whom? AHH you mean the "snobcore", nope really don't give a damn.

I do however pity them.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints