By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owner? tired of being disrespected?

hi all,

we've started a website/community to show the gaming world that Wii owners/lovers aren't a bunch of grandparents and that we don't deserve to be insulted every time something comes out (or doesn't come out) for the Wii.

I think I'm good with ideas, but not advertising, so please tell your friends, spread the word and try to get some people to participate in the forum there and get our community off the ground.

I do not profit in any way from the website or its traffic (so much so that I cannot afford a .com !)

so I have no alterier motive other than changing the culture of gaming for the better.

if you visit our site you will see that we are not against the PS3 or 360... we accept all gamers equally. but games do not deserve 1/5 and 2/5 ratings just because they are on the Wii.

we should do our best to change the culture of gaming so that it is no longer in the best interests of media outlets to prioritize HD over gameplay, among other things.

please check out the site, and thank you for your time!

LINK: www.wiiaredeep.tk

~Crash_Man

Around the Network

we should do our best to change the culture of gaming so that it is no longer in the best interests of media outlets to prioritize HD over gameplay, among other things.

So you are just saying the PS360 games are well reviewed because of their graphics?

A game deserves a 1 or 2 if it deserves it. Most Wii games received the score they deserved IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Crash_Man said:

hi all,

we've started a website/community to show the gaming world that Wii owners/lovers aren't a bunch of grandparents and that we don't deserve to be insulted every time something comes out (or doesn't come out) for the Wii.

, spread the word and try to get some people to participate in the forum there and get our community off the ground.I think I'm good with ideas, but not advertising, so please tell your friends

I do not profit in any way from the website or its traffic (so much so that I cannot afford a .com !)

so I have no alterier motive other than changing the culture of gaming for the better.

if you visit our site you will see that we are not against the PS3 or 360... we accept all gamers equally. but games do not deserve 1/5 and 2/5 ratings just because they are on the Wii.

please check out the site, and thank you for your time!

LINK: www.wiiaredeep.tk

~Crash_Man

very true, i'm pretty sure Rygar does not deserves a 1/5 or Tenchu 2/5, for the sake of god

thanks for posting, what you are saying is not wrong at all

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Munkeh111 said:

So you are just saying the PS360 games are well reviewed because of their graphics?

not at all, sir.  all I'm saying is, if MegaMan9 can be revered for its greatness, despite ancient graphics, why should a new Wii game be persecuted because it isn't HD?  see what I mean? that's all.

Around the Network

I think you are reading between the lines of those reviews too much if you think they got a 1/5 or 2/5 because they weren't in HD. They got such bad scores from Xplay because those guys hated how they played. If they were really pretty perhaps the score could go up slightly because they would have some redeeming aspect, but they could've made them pretty with art style just as easily as making an HD game with crappy gameplay pretty to look at.

Signalstar said:
A game deserves a 1 or 2 if it deserves it. Most Wii games received the score they deserved IMO.

I was refering to the recent reviews of Rygar and Tenchu resepectively.

I could not care less about the reviews of "Game Party Kidz 7" or anything.  if games like that are being sold and enjoyed by people, then that's cool for them.

I'm more concerned with what I call "deep" games, games that actually make an attempt at a meaningful gaming experience but are criticized merely for the console they're on.

I don't know how many times I saw a threads saying "this game looks awesome, but why the **** is it on the Wii!?"

and that concerns me as a gamer.

Torillian said:
I think you are reading between the lines of those reviews too much if you think they got a 1/5 or 2/5 because they weren't in HD. They got such bad scores from Xplay because those guys hated how they played. If they were really pretty perhaps the score could go up slightly because they would have some redeeming aspect, but they could've made them pretty with art style just as easily as making an HD game with crappy gameplay pretty to look at.

I was only using HD as one example... I think there is a lot more to it than that =)

my thoughts are all well detailed on the website.... everyone feel free to read up there first before posting a knee-jerk response in this thread.

Well then what is the unfair part about those scores? Having one reviewer who thinks differently about a game happens all the time, and they seemed to justify their scores perfectly fine within the context of their own review, so where's the issue, where's the bias?

dude the wii is get bashed because is selling to people that dont know about video games, dont complain (wii has the biggest market share this gen)and dont blame HD consoles for all the shovelware that the wii is getting, and yes most wii games are for little kids or grandparents

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection