By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare, Lionhead, Turn 10, EPIC, Bungie. Game Announcement for 2009?

@strategyking

im not crazy at all in fact what I said makes perfect sense would you like to repudiate any of them???

GT5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Froza and PGR

and in regards to epic wait for GDC and if not there E3 we'll see who is crazy

Around the Network
MrMeToo said:
@strategyking

im not crazy at all in fact what I said makes perfect sense would you like to repudiate any of them???

GT5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Froza and PGR

and in regards to epic wait for GDC and if not there E3 we'll see who is crazy

Opinion. Please don't state it as a fact - and it would also add credibility if you tried to spell Forza correctly. Anyways, I don't think PGR can be compared to GT5 or Forza as it's a blend between realistic and arcade racing... not going for pure sim. If you would like to pass your opinion as fact please provide reasons why instead of assuming it's "common knowledge".

oh my bad I don't really pay attention to my spelling lol
I may be coming of like a fanboy and I really am not ...I actually liked forza

but to me and to at least 14 million others who have bought the game since 2001 it has always been the best driving simulation game.... but you are right it is an opinion lol

dsister44 said:
well in the end of 08 rare said they were working on ten games.
1.perfect dark xbla
2.banjo tooie xbla
3.killer instinct gold xbla
4.grabbed by ghoulies xbox originals ?????
5.killer instinct 3 xbox 360
6.????????????
7.???????????
8.????????????
9.??????????????
10.???????????????
that looks like some exclusives right there

Where did Rare say they were working on 10 games?

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

You'll probably get a Fable II expansion out of Lionhead. The only time they've ever released two full games even close to within a year was Fable to Black & White 2, which still took ~15 months. Given the lengthier dev cycles this gen, you probably won't see another game from them until mid-2010 at the earliest.

The only exclusive you'll get out of Epic will be Gears 3, and it won't be until 2010. Other than that, they're probably working on UE4.

Turn 10 will probably release something this year, as will Rare.

Bungie might announce something this year, but they will certainly only release Halo 3: ODST this year.

As Strategyking said, you'll probably get a few casual titles out of MS, but not much else, outside of something from Rare and Turn 10.

Just look at 2008. Just about every big game released for the 360 in 2008 was known about at least in 2007, and some was far back as 2006 (Fable, Banjo) and 2005 (Lost Odyssey). The only "big" exclusive released last year that was also announced last year was Gears 2.

Around the Network

Gearbox has been hinting at something big for a while now. Not sure if that will be 360 exclusive though or even come out this year. Halo Chronicles might get some info released. Anything from Rare should cause some interest. Some more games along the lines of 1 vs 100. Probably some more NXE innovations, Zune Marketplace, etc. Should be a pretty interesting year. Also, don't forget the new stock piling of internal development talent inside of MGS. Probably see some hints at what they are developing.

Forza 3 will hit this fall. Which of course push GT5 back another two years as they try to catch up once again.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Sales do not always make a game better... going by your logic Halo and Call of Duty are the best FPS games hands down. Forza's detail to realism is so crazy that you can actually bring up a hud that shows the details of your vehical as you are diriving... what tires temps are and the forces being put on parts of your vehical. For people who are fine tuning their vehicals I doubt you can get to much better than Forza 2. GT has a better pedegree, but that doesn't mean it's hands over fist better.

MrMeToo said:
oh my bad I don't really pay attention to my spelling lol
I may be coming of like a fanboy and I really am not ...I actually liked forza

but to me and to at least 14 million others who have bought the game since 2001 it has always been the best driving simulation game.... but you are right it is an opinion lol

No worries. ^_^ After responding to your post I went through your post history and figured you weren't a fanboy. Didn't mean to sound so harsh in my last post. I can't speak on behalf of the GT series as I've fully played through one. Last gen I only had an Xbox and played Forza 1 and PGRs 1 & 2. This gen I have all 3 systems and wanted to go back into the PS2's amazing library and experience the cream of the crop (woohoo 60 GB PS3!!). I still haven't had a chance to do that besides a few select titles (GOW1,2 and SoTC - excellent games) because this gens titles have kept me busy enough.

Now that I've been following this post for a while you've all got me excited and thinking of new games that I want announced even though I didn't want to get hyped up before. lol

Here are some I'd love:

RARE: Something to do with Conker. The Conker last gen won many graphics awards when announced. I'm thinking MS will try to get into the "graphics ring" again with a serious contender from Rare. They might not necessarily try to go leaps and bounds beyond what's out there, but I definitely think they'll be working on something that is beyond what a lot of people think the console is capable of (a la Gears 2).

Lionhead: Something new I hope. I know Peter Molyneux said that LH studios is working on something totally unlike anything ever before seen in a video game but - let's be honest - this is Peter Molyneux talking. He's ambitious and highly creative but his aspirations are always cut short on the technical side of things. Still, all their games just have a vibe about them that make them great. I just can't pinpoint what it is.

Turn 10: I really hope they just stick to Forza 3 making it the best possible experience they can. As much as I liked PGR 3 and 4 (besides the bikes in 4) I don't think Turn 10 can pull off an arcade-sim blend like Bizarre did - they're extremely talented but they seem very sim minded. I read in an interview that the graphics of Forza 2 were how they were because the team didn't know how much headroom they had with the 360's CPU and GPU so they limited the graphics engine to make sure they got all of the physics in and running perfectly. I wonder how far they can go.

EPIC: I don't see them making an exclusive for Microsoft until Gears 3 unless MS pays them fairly heavily to. If they aren't working on Gears 3 then they're either updating the engine or working on something multiplat with some type of timed exclusive that could go either way. I'd actually like them to be working on something exclusive to the PC and actually delivering something great. I miss Epic games on the PC.

Bungie: As the OP said, ODST and multiplayer map packs. I hope Bungie's next game isn't a Halo for their sake. Could you imagine working on the same sort of thing for 10 years straight? They are one of the great developers right now but get a lot of flac for being a "one trick pony". Come on Bungie, blow us away. As for Peter Jackson's project, I'm thinking this won't be given to Bungie to develop. There have been rumours about Gearbox developing a Halo game or something related to Halo. Perhaps they're working with Mr. Jackson?

Rockstar: I'm sure Rockstar will announce and release the second DLC shortly (hopefully during Holiday 09). It wouldn't make sense for them to wait another year to get that thing out the door as people are losing interest (or have lost interest long ago) in GTA IV and it would only hurt them from a business perspective.

Silicon Knights: They recently got some new management and with the tech they built up (multiple times) for the first game, I'm hoping they get the second game in the works and to be released by 2011. They might announce something this year. If not, my guess is the next game will be called something like "Too Human 2:017". -_-;;

makingmusic476 said:

You'll probably get a Fable II expansion out of Lionhead. The only time they've ever released two full games even close to within a year was Fable to Black & White 2, which still took ~15 months. Given the lengthier dev cycles this gen, you probably won't see another game from them until mid-2010 at the earliest.

The only exclusive you'll get out of Epic will be Gears 3, and it won't be until 2010. Other than that, they're probably working on UE4.

Turn 10 will probably release something this year, as will Rare.

Bungie might announce something this year, but they will certainly only release Halo 3: ODST this year.

As Strategyking said, you'll probably get a few casual titles out of MS, but not much else, outside of something from Rare and Turn 10.

Just look at 2008. Just about every big game released for the 360 in 2008 was known about at least in 2007, and some was far back as 2006 (Fable, Banjo) and 2005 (Lost Odyssey). The only "big" exclusive released last year that was also announced last year was Gears 2.

This is the rite analisis.

It's unfortunately a mith that MS announces games the same year they are released (xcept for low budget casual titles like Viva Pinata and Scene it).

I don't think we'll get any BIG unknown game announced that will make it out in 2009.

But I hope Rare will anounce a great game and Lionhead something interesting, innovative like Dimitri or BC.
(perhaps renamed since both those names kinda suck)