By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare, Lionhead, Turn 10, EPIC, Bungie. Game Announcement for 2009?

Epic tends to support MS more than Sony.

They even called themselves "MS first party". So I would not be that surprise if Epic becomes a part of the MGS. The partnership they have is really successful. But that is just my feeling.

Lionhead and Rare are two developers I really like. I want to see Rare doing a high-budget game. All games Rare released in the past 4 years were kind of low-budget.

• Perfect Dark Zero
  • Viva Pinata 1 / 2
  • Kameo
  • Banjo Kazooie

A high-budget game would be great.

Lionhead showed us with Fable 2 that they can create a really great game. I would love to see another big game like Fable.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I think maybe Microsoft can secure a excluse HL2 Ep3 from Valve... downloadable anyway... Portal did well so and EP3 wouldn't be a bad investment for Valve.

Holy dog shit!  If they resurect B.C. I'll be a like a overhyper child on crack!  The game pushed the Xbox to 95 percent of it's theoretical peak before it was cancled.

Expect the majority of their unannounced games to be casual in nature. But there should be at least 2 bombshells for the Gears crowd.

I think 3D Realms may make an announcement. Don't ask why, just a hunch :/

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

RayRay102 said:
Rob6021 said:
I don't see how you put EPIC in there, I haven't heard any rumors of them developing a 360 exclusive, outside of the first 2 gears titles. Did you forget they sided with Sony when they made UT3 a timed exclusive? In fact the contrary there's been a rumor of them developing a PS3 exclusive. I wouldn't put any hope into EPIC doing another exclusive for Microsoft if I were you - outside of gears.

Dude, How many copies did UT3 sold on PS3? And how many copies did each of the Gears game sold on x360? There you go and Microsoft backed EPIC like they are a 1st party developer.

Dude, How small a franchise is UT3? And how big and highly hyped is Gears? There you go.

Yes, UT may be big with PC gamers but I'm pretty sure its the first one on a console, if I'm not mistaken. And Gears was advertised like fuck.

Around the Network

@coolestguy ever.

Actually, UT3 isn't the first console Unreal. There was an Unreal Championship on the original Xbox. Don't know how well it did in sales though. I bought it back then ^_^. There was also UC2:Liandri Conflict that had 3rd person view with melee weapons.

@OP

I've tried not to get my hopes up on the matter. I know MS is cooking something good for 360 owners but if I get my hopes up about a single game that isn't one of the ones they announce then I'll just be let down. But there's definitely something coming.

I think we will definitely see one big new game from Rare. Bungie, Lionhead, and Valve will most likely have something ready by 2010 in my opinion, but we shall see.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

RayRay102 said:
Rob6021 said:
I don't see how you put EPIC in there, I haven't heard any rumors of them developing a 360 exclusive, outside of the first 2 gears titles. Did you forget they sided with Sony when they made UT3 a timed exclusive? In fact the contrary there's been a rumor of them developing a PS3 exclusive. I wouldn't put any hope into EPIC doing another exclusive for Microsoft if I were you - outside of gears.

Dude, How many copies did UT3 sold on PS3? And how many copies did each of the Gears game sold on x360? There you go and Microsoft backed EPIC like they are a 1st party developer.

umm UT3 had NO WHERE NEEEEAR the hype that eather of GoW did lol.... Besides that imo GoW was a hella better game...

1 Unreal Tournament III Midway Games 26,230 N/A 0.60m 31st Oct 08
2 Unreal Tournament III Midway Games 5,274 N/A 0.49m

and that^

RayRay102 said:

EPIC: Epic releases 2 very successful games in GeOW. I don't think it will be another Unreal game because the last one flopped. My guess is that it will  be a FPS similiar to GeOW style and with the cover system ala Killzone 2. Microsoft no doubt been following Killzone 2 development for the past year or so and they need a FPS with grahics to matched KZ2. Who is better to do it than Epic.

Microsoft doesn't need anything of the sort.  They did just fine after Uncharted and MGS4 which had graphics they "couldn't match," and will continue to do so.

Barozi said:
Stats87 said:
RayRay102 said:
Rob6021 said:

Dude, you are delusional. Microsoft paid for the development cost of both Gears of War game and it has made both Epic and Microsoft tons of money by doing so. So your logic is way off. Why woundn't Microsoft paid for development cost for another exclusive if it was successful the first two times? Unreal Tournament 3 sold like crap on PS3 when it was timed exclusive.

600k isn't "crap" it's "ok"

But the game recieved little, if any, advertisement, it was released in November 2007 and lost in the shuffle of a bunch of other releases that came out during that period. That and it came out for PC as well, if I'm a UT fan, I'm getting the PC version.

Not "crap", but for a timed exclusive FPS based of a famous franchise it definitely didn't sell "ok".

And it did have quite a bit of advertisement where I live.. Mostly on comedy central and G4.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive