By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best water in a game!

Gears 2 for consoles or Crysis for PC. Im sry but the UE3 was optimized for more water effects and has certainly produced the best water visuals on a console hands down.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

for me, RESISTANCE 2!!!!!

Jelly Water!!!!!!

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Bioshock for console, it was a level over everything I've seen. Never played crysis or uncharted yet.

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

Staude said:
Carl2291 said:
Xen said:

That's the best water you'll ever see on current gen consoles, maybe it'll be oudone by Uncharted 2 though.

This

same

Can you find me one real like picture that actually looks like that though?  It may look nice, shiny, and super, er, reflecty but does water actually look like that?  Especially when inside a 50+ year old dark rusty sub?

twesterm said:
Staude said:
Carl2291 said:
Xen said:

That's the best water you'll ever see on current gen consoles, maybe it'll be oudone by Uncharted 2 though.

This

same

Can you find me one real like picture that actually looks like that though?  It may look nice, shiny, and super, er, reflecty but does water actually look like that?  Especially when inside a 50+ year old dark rusty sub?

Does it matter ? it's still the best looking and most interactive water i can think off. Resistance 2 claims second spot only because the water in it is so damn interactive unlike most fps games.

Anyways i would assume that the water cleaned itself during the 50 years the sub was located there, Afterall water comes in, water gets replaced with other water, water brings dirt out with it. Who cares though. It's a game :p and the op didn't ask for the most realistic water, although i certainly think that in some ways uncharted water is that aswell.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
Carl2291 said:
Xen said:

This

same

Does it matter ? it's still the best looking and most interactive water i can think off. Resistance 2 claims second spot only because the water in it is so damn interactive unlike most fps games.

Anyways i would assume that the water cleaned itself during the 50 years the sub was located there, Afterall water comes in, water gets replaced with other water, water brings dirt out with it. Who cares though. It's a game :p and the op didn't ask for the most realistic water, although i certainly think that in some ways uncharted water is that aswell.

Actually, it kind of does.  If you're asking for the best looking water, you'd want it to actually look like water would look like. 

And that's a fine picture you supplied, but I still don't think the sub would look like that.  Sadly I don't remember what the area around the sub looked like (I'm sure it looked great), only have this to go by.

No game have given me the "WOW" feeling on water effects since Wave Race 64.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

twesterm said:
Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
Carl2291 said:
Xen said:

This

same

Actually, it kind of does.  If you're asking for the best looking water, you'd want it to actually look like water would look like. 

And that's a fine picture you supplied, but I still don't think the sub would look like that.  Sadly I don't remember what the area around the sub looked like (I'm sure it looked great), only have this to go by.

Area around the Sub was a waterfall in the middle of a jungle (how the sub ever got up there is anyone's guess.

Torillian said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
Carl2291 said:
Xen said:

This

same

Area around the Sub was a waterfall in the middle of a jungle (how the sub ever got up there is anyone's guess.

Remember the area, just can't remember how the water looked :-p

GTA 4 water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!