By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best water in a game!

Euphoria14 said:

Anyone who does not agree with me is a 100% blind fanboy.

We all know the best overall water graphics, physics, etc... goes to "Congo Bongo" from the Atari 5200.

Just look at how realistic waves, ripples and the top notch physics used to recreate the beauty of the water running down the waterfall. Simply stunning!

The water looks good, but I'm far more impressed by the monkeys in this pic.
Also, for those of you who haven't played it yet.. Those trees actually sway in the wind and the wind physics beyond incredible! I'm hoping for a remake, but sadly they won't be able to surpass the Gfxs of the original game. Fact. Developers no longer have the programming skills needed in order to create such awesome visuals. Those days are long gone..  

Around the Network

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

/thread.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

gears of war 2

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

BenVTrigger said:
shio said:
whorenraged said:
For people bringing out CRYSIS:

Crysis water looks good, but physics on it don't. See the video below:

The water moves naturally, when the dude throws objects it just keeps moving that way and appear some designed white effects. Understand what I am talking about?

Let's take a look at Fallout 3 water:

The interaction level is much more high then Crysis...
Do you guys understand it?

You're dellusional. That Crysis clip obliterates Fallout 3! Complete Obliteration:

The realistic physics of the barrel

The water sprites from the bullets

The ripples from any object thrown at the water

The awesome light refraction underwarter

The amazing grenade explosion underwater

You must be blind.

agreed

Sorry for getting here late, couldn't find the video when I first saw this topic and then got sidetracked when I later found the video.

Anyways, shitty quality shaky cam movie, but physics + water fun starting around the minute mark!

http://www.gamesradar.com/video/v-20081204163152515047

(note that that's a pretty old build too)

Baulders gate Dark Alliance. For the PS2.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Xen said:

That's the best water you'll ever see on current gen consoles, maybe it'll be oudone by Uncharted 2 though.

This

same

Check out my game about moles ^

I remember Super Mario Sunshine having some of the best looking water I have ever seen. I think that wins for last gen. Currently, I don't know, but Galaxy looks good and Fallout 3 does as well.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Star Fox Adventures was a beautiful game.

I can't believe a thread about water effects is this big....

Just kiss the tip.

For it's time? Onimusha 2 imo.