By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer Hammers Fear 2: 5/10

@ocnkng

Thanks for repeating what you heard form 5 other people on this thread in such a basic and two dimensional way.

Disolitude + mention of killzone 2 = BAD!

Around the Network

you know which part of the demo was the worst?enemies turn green (colored) when you go into slow motion.who was the genius behind this decision?

it looked really tacky imo.

@disolitude(representative of fear2 lol)

why do enemies become colored in the slow motion mode?

SpartanFX said:
you know which part of the demo was the worst?enemies turn green (colored) when you go into slow motion.who was the genius behind this decision?

I dont know. The game uses a lot of odd visual filters... I think it has to do with his helmet and how it enhances the enemies visability once slow mo is activated. Possibly due to later levels which may get hectic visually, this way you can spot enemies easier? I dunno...

I didn't have a problem with it however. Its just a color afterall...I never liked the fact Mario has a red hat. Makes him look like a communist.

disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:

I dont know. The game uses a lot of odd visual filters... I think it has to do with his helmet and how it enhances the enemies visability once slow mo is activated. Possibly due to later levels which may get hectic visually, this way you can spot enemies easier? I dunno...

I didn't have a problem with it however. Its just a color afterall...I never liked the fact Mario has a red hat. Makes him look like a communist.

Lol nice. TBH, I didn't like the color change thing either, but its nothing even remotely bad enough to spoil any enjoyment of the game.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

SpartanFX said:

Because they're out of their minds. They should concentrate on giving me Condemned 3 sooner instead!

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Eurogamer and Edge both seem to take innovation into their scores far more than anyone else, so it's fairly normal for one of them to slam a game that has been getting generally positive reviews before that.

Didn't Edge praise it?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Torillian said:
Eurogamer and Edge both seem to take innovation into their scores far more than anyone else, so it's fairly normal for one of them to slam a game that has been getting generally positive reviews before that.

Didn't Edge praise it?

doesn't seem to be a review by them yet on Meta, but it's certainly possible that the two would disagree on what games are innovative or not.

Torillian said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Torillian said:

Didn't Edge praise it?

doesn't seem to be a review by them yet on Meta, but it's certainly possible that the two would disagree on what games are innovative or not.

That'd be a weird thing, Edge and Eurogamer share some staff so they usually agree...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Just like Eurogamer. Always lowering PS3 exclusives and giving high scores to 360 exclusives!

..... Wait a second.

Reviews are reviews. Even great movies get a few stinkers of reviews, and as the gaming community I think we should expect the same. The Dark Knight got an assload of fantastic reviews but there were still a number of them that completely hammered the movie. The reaction was about the same as in the gaming community though. I heard an interview on NPR with a guy who happened to author one such negative review for the Dark Knight and he said within hours his E-mail was filled with vile contemptous people chewing him out...and this was before the movie even released. Sounds familiar eh?

I say the expectations of gamers towards reviewers is insane. Before a game is even released hordes of people have decided what the aggregate score should be, and if a number of reviewers happen to fulfill the wishes of the fans, then the fans views are justified and then anyone with a different opinion is objectively wrong wrong wrong. A game is objectively provablely absolutely a solid 8, and if any reviewer happens to have a differing opinion it is because they are either an ass hat or a money hat. A different take/view/opinion of the game? There is no such thing as opinion, there is metacritic and then there is wrong.

So eurogamer gave it a 5? I don't care, I'm still buying it as soon as I can find it in a store because I loved the first one, and the Demo showed me that it is alot like the first one but with fucking mechs (!!!). So I could care less what metacritic says, or what IGN, or Eurogamer or (gasp) metacritic says. And I wish more people would do the same.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.