By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer Hammers Fear 2: 5/10

Eurogamer writes: "If you grabbed me in a bar and asked me what was memorably new in FEAR 2 (I'm not using the bloody full stops), that's all I'd be able to come up with. While it's a rock-solid corridor shooter, the lasting impression is one of a woeful lack of inspiration. There's plenty of stuff to talk about but nothing that demands to be discussed over a drink with friends. The most interesting thing about FEAR 2 is the history of its development - Monolith's split with Vivendi, leaving the former without the name, working on a game with the key cast, propagating another title ("Project Origin"), buying the name back when it seemed Vivendi didn't want to make a sequel after all and... Oh, it's quite the epic, exciting saga. Unlike this".

Around the Network

well the demo was terrible

scary but terrible nonetheless

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Demo was just OK.I thought this game would do better though.i think it will end up in 70's on metacritics ,,,much lower than the first one

Any Shooter game that doesn't live up to KZ2 will probably get cruddy reviews from here on out... unless its on the Wii, where everyone will be filled with joy when shooters come out.

You know its true!

I've played the demo, and it was solid 7 for me, but i'm not really suprised, gunplay, seem boring to me except, the mech parts.

Around the Network

Yeah I played the demo and hated it. If they are using that to draw people in, they are in trouble.

@procrastinato^^^no

but 5 out of 10 for a game that got 9 out of 10 from eurogamer in the first installment is a disappointment,,don't you think

SpartanFX said:
@procrastinato^^^no

but 5 out of 10 for a game that got 9 out of 10 from eurogamer in the first installment is a disappointment,,don't you think

Yes it is, it's almost opposite to what happen to killzone. IMO Not saying Fear 2 is as bad as killzone 1, but it's worse than the first fear.

SpartanFX said:
@procrastinato^^^no

Not really.  Beer runs out.  The party ends.  Isn't that the same story, again and again?  

I would say more that the first score was kinda a surprise.  Monolith is their own biggest fan, which is great when you are doing something scary and dangerous like tricks on motorcycles, but not so much when you write games.  I didn't really expect much... 6... 7... okay yeah I guess 5 is kinda low.

By far the lowest score its gotten yet. Even EDGE gave it an 8. IGN UK gave it an 8.5.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.