By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer Hammers Fear 2: 5/10

demo was not bad ,,it was just OK.(7/10 imo)

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
meh...still would rather play this over killzone 2 any day...demo was great.

what does this thread has to do with KZ2?don't be such a fanboy man.

you also rather play alone in the dark over MGS4,casue it's a better game ,,,amirite?lol XD

There are posts before mine that reference killzone 2 as "superior". Don't cherry pick when you're calling people fanboys... I would rather play alone in the dark than play MGS4 again yes...is that a problem? PS3 version would be awesome actually...

bad taste i guess can be a gift some times ,,,amirite? ;)

you are the kind that if you owned PS3 only, you would say: I rather play haze than halo 3 anyday .

You don't know me well enough to make any asumptions. Besides, I tried Haze and it blows.

disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:

you also rather play alone in the dark over MGS4,casue it's a better game ,,,amirite?lol XD

There are posts before mine that reference killzone 2 as "superior". Don't cherry pick when you're calling people fanboys... I would rather play alone in the dark than play MGS4 again yes...is that a problem? PS3 version would be awesome actually...

you are the kind that if you owned PS3 only, you would say: I rather play haze than halo 3 anyday .

You don't know me well enough to make any asumptions. Besides, I tried Haze and it blows.

i know so does alone in the dark ,,but your definition of good game changes by the console you own.

let's not get off the topic .

SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:

i know so does alone in the dark ,,but your definition of good game changes by the console you own.

let's not get off the topic .

I'd own a PS3 if i thought it was necessary and majority of the good games were on it. Believe me I can afford it.

Also I know for a fact you don't care about FEAR 2...Id understand someone who likes FEAR 2 making a thread like this to discuss this review but I have a feeling you just want people to think FEAR 2 sucks for reasons unknown.

I personally felt the first game to be decent, but that's about it. I feel the same way about the F.E.A.R demo.

"It's a checklist of genre-tropes, well performed. If you're just looking for more well-polished shooting, this will while away the hours pleasantly enough. If you've never played a first-person shooter before, you'll probably be in love - this is as archetypal a corridor-shooter as has ever been made, and there's a reason why it works. But for anyone who's been running down corridors with shotguns for most of their adult life, this is so uninspired that you worry for the spark of Monolith's soul. You guys made No One Lives Forever, remember? You're smart. You're better than this.

FEAR 2 isn't terrible. That's the most terrible thing of all. Is mere competency enough to garner gamers' love? I don't know. But it's the one thing I really do fear."

Around the Network

Fear 2 has always looked mediocre to me. Its a shame because I loved FEAR and still play it today (it got me into PC gaming). Something they did to it makes it look and feel wrong. Down go the mighty.

I didn't find anything bad about the Fear 2 demo. Does Eurogamer rate this low for all "More of the same" games?

played the demo with high expectations and was shocked at the average dated graphics. the gameplay seemed ok, but not good enough to make me want to finish the demo let alone buy it. fear 2 must be the biggest disappointment after the graphical wow that was fear. dont understand where they went. they didnt rush the game did they?

Why don't you make a topic about the Videogamer Review Spartan...since you chose the lowest, maybe post the highest as well?

"I can't recommend Monolith's sequel highly enough. It might not have the jaw-dropping visuals to rival Killzone 2, but it's a hugely satisfying shooter that'll have you clinging onto that controller or mouse throughout its tension-filled campaign. If you like your combat meaty and with a solid dose of supernatural scares, there's every chance this will rank as one of your favourite games of 2009. "

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/project_origin/review.html

In fairness though, I think they were a little harsh on F.E.A.R 2.

Though I do miss the sliding and jumping kicks :(