By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer Hammers Fear 2: 5/10

@disolitude i think it is because the topic is about the shockingly low score from eurogamer and the low score is the topic of discussion. why? i believe it will come as a shock to many fear fans. a mate of mine who is a FEAR fanatic almost cried playing the demo. he refused to believe this was a sequel which set a bar in fps with its graphics and gameplay.

Around the Network

all this is based on demo assumptions again, like always how many good games have you got on the shelf that if you'd listened to these so called reviews you would have mist out on, and Far Cry 2 showed just about how long they play before making up there minds on how good a game is, which isn't very long seeing as none played it to even 69%

Yep, i'm a girl

If it is even more boring than the first one (and I get that feeling reading this review), I won't even bother ever trying it.
I want Half-Life 2: Episode 3 NOW!

you are right, my friend said the same, he feels FEAR2 is more of a step backwards then forward. eurogamer have deliberately given a low score i think, they have based their score on expectation rather the game at hand. the more it disappointed the lower they scord it :s

Fei-Hung said:
@disolitude i think it is because the topic is about the shockingly low score from eurogamer and the low score is the topic of discussion. why? i believe it will come as a shock to many fear fans. a mate of mine who is a FEAR fanatic almost cried playing the demo. he refused to believe this was a sequel which set a bar in fps with its graphics and gameplay.

Im fine with discussing that...and I haven't played it yet so yeah, it could be bad...but I didn't think the demo was bad at all.

It was done using the same engine as FEAR and on consoles at the same time as on the PC. I think Monolith wanted to make sure that

- they didn't spend a gazillion dollars on the game in a time when gaming is putting a lot of smaller devs out of business

- played smooth on all 3 systems and not just PC

- improved on parts 1's faults, which weren't visuals but being repetitive and having the same envirnments

This is why we should see mech combat, quick time events (yuck hope not too often) and varied environments.

Around the Network

Wow. Your such a damn fanboy Disolitude. You downplay Killzone 2 without even playing the demo I'm sure. And then join the bandwagon of other xbots saying the demo wasn't impressive and Killzone is overrated but then complain when users judge Fear 2 by the demo. Your a hypocrite and I don't need to know your life story to tell that, I can see it clearly enough from your post history. I am renting Fear 2, have actually played the demo, thought it played medicore but had increadible atmosphere and would even buy it if Killzone 2 wasn't coming out but because it is I won't get enough value out of Fear 2 to warrant a buy. Seriously, comments like "I'd rather play Alone in the Dark then MGS4" are just plain retarded because you can't play MGS4, you don't own a PS3 and have downplayed every exclusive release to come from the system. I understand that people have their own opinion which is great if it wasn't covered in biased turds like yours. Enjoy any game you want, really do. But don't be such a troll about it.

PS3 Trophies

it doesnt play bad and still keeps you tense with fear, the only drawback i really had was the graphics. there is plenty of action and OMG moments i came across in the demo, but something didnt feel right. it was just to dark and at some points i didnt know what the hell was going on. but 5 is just too low a score for a game that is fairly decent. a 7 would be more realistic. as for the graphics, the textures in the demo were aweful. more often then just the odd few. anyone know how long it has been in development for?

I liked the FEAR 2 Demo more then Killzone 2, but I have personal reasons for this:

1.) Monolith is up and away one of my favorite devs of all time. I liked Fear 1 and Condemned 1, and absolutely loved Condemned 2. FEAR 2 felt like it, sort of.

2.) Survival Horror is my favorite genre( if done right)

3.) Being a psychotic sniper, I couldn't stand Killzone 2's controls. Too hard to get a headshot.

Doesn't mean Killzone 2 is a bad game by any means, and I thought the demo wasn't that bad either.

Remember though guys, like me and you disolitude has  right to his own opinion, no matter how it sounds to you personally.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Solid_Raiden said:
Wow. Your such a damn fanboy Disolitude. You downplay Killzone 2 without even playing the demo I'm sure. And then join the bandwagon of other xbots saying the demo wasn't impressive and Killzone is overrated (1) but then complain when users judge Fear 2 by the demo. Your a hypocrite and I don't need to know your life story to tell that, I can see it clearly enough from your post history. I am renting Fear 2, have actually played the demo, thought it played medicore but had increadible atmosphere and would even buy it if Killzone 2 wasn't coming out but because it is I won't get enough value out of Fear 2 to warrant a buy. Seriously, comments like "I'd rather play Alone in the Dark then MGS4" are just plain retarded because you can't play MGS4, you don't own a PS3 and have downplayed every exclusive release to come from the system.(2) I understand that people have their own opinion which is great if it wasn't covered in biased turds like yours. Enjoy any game you want, really do. But don't be such a troll about it.(3)

1. Complete lie. Never said Killzone 2 demo wasn't impressive. Post a link to me saying this or admit you made it up please.

2. Since you are a new member I don't hold it against you for not knowing but I actually bought a PS3 last May just to play MGS4. I owned it for 3 months and have played Resistance, Uncharted and Haze during that timeframe. I made a post saying how I don't like MGS4 and how I'm enjoying alone in the dark more than watching that interactive movie, hence why Spartan brought that up. He did his homework...and my opinion on that is still the same. Uncharted was great and Mortal Kombat 2 on PSn kicks ass...but overall my PS3 experiene was pretty dry so I sold it.

3. I have been a member here for well over a year and have not been banned once. Therefore your argument and calling me a troll holds no water. Trolls eventually get the ban hammer even if they were members on the site forever. Just ask Tres Tres.

Shadowblind said:

I liked the FEAR 2 Demo more then Killzone 2, but I have personal reasons for this:

1.) Monolith is up and away one of my favorite devs of all time. I liked Fear 1 and Condemned 1, and absolutely loved Condemned 2. FEAR 2 felt like it, sort of.

2.) Survival Horror is my favorite genre( if done right)

3.) Being a psychotic sniper, I couldn't stand Killzone 2's controls. Too hard to get a headshot.

Doesn't mean Killzone 2 is a bad game by any means, and I thought the demo wasn't that bad either.

Remember though guys, like me and you disolitude has  right to his own opinion, no matter how it sounds to you personally.

I have no problem with anyone having their own opinion. I don't believe I've said anything to you or anyone else preffering Fear 2 over killzone 2 or any other game. In fact I've made multiple posts in Fear 2  threads giving my own opinion without ever questioning anyone elses. As long as you keep fanboy comments out of it, I'm all for difference in opinions. But you can't say that Disolitude has not shown fanboyism here. He said he'd prefer a game to something that not only can he not play but he hasn't even played the demo to compare I'm sure. In additon to downplaying another game he can't play and hasn't experianced. What is the point in that other then to stealth attack PS3 owners? Compare to something you can actually play and experiance! He has shown a history of downplaying ps3 games for no reason other then fanboyism and this is no different.

PS3 Trophies