By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What big announce by Nintendo could make you happy this year ?

nitekrawler1285 said:
Any new fun core i.p. that I would enjoy. They haven't made a new one in 8-10 years(Pikmin and Animal Crossing were the last I believe). The Wii series just doesn't do it for me and i've played multiple iterations of their others.

Pray that the new IPs announced at the Nintendo October conference will be released outside Japan. Also, you make Chibi-Robo sad.

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Any new fun core i.p. that I would enjoy. They haven't made a new one in 8-10 years(Pikmin and Animal Crossing were the last I believe). The Wii series just doesn't do it for me and i've played multiple iterations of their others.

They've made something new called 'Captain Rainbow'.  Though it will probably stay in Japan.  As well as their 'Wii' Line up

Games that I have no access to or ability to play don't do me any good.  Read the bolded part above.

Rhonin the wizard said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

Pray that the new IPs announced at the Nintendo October conference will be released outside Japan. Also, you make Chibi-Robo sad.

Can't say I recall Chibi-Robo.

They give all their shares to Sony for free :).

Star Fox Wii

Around the Network

^^ What that guy said along with Metroid Dread.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

give me pikmin 3 nows, or i'll stick post-it notes of reggie's, cammie's, and iwata's mug shots on the enemies faces in madworld :b.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Soleron said:
1. 2D Metroid
2. Kid Icarus Wii
3. F-Zero Wii with online
4. Non-sucky console Pokemon game
5. Non-sucky true RPG Paper Mario

Factor 5 and Kid Icarus

Hi Matt, or whoever is reading this. Has there been any indication, after the closing of Factor 5, if the rumored Kid Icarus game has ceased development (or has it transferred into Nintendo's developers hands)? What about the supposed Superman game that had me salivating at the mouth? Have you heard anything like somebody picking it up, much like Atari picked up Ghostbusters?

I'm sure there are at least a couple of readers looking at this and scratching their heads because most of this stuff falls into rumor territory. Let me quickly recap. A while ago, a source of mine saw Kid Icarus for Wii, developed by Factor 5. As usual, as soon as I heard about it, I began hinting about the news in podcasts and the like because I am a blabbermouth. Soon after, another site – think it was Kombo -- ran rumored art from Kid Icarus Wii. And we've seen a few more bits of 3D character models since then. All the while, it's never been confirmed officially and, as any 11-year-old Casamassina-hating douchebag on NeoGAF will tell you, I supposedly made it all up, etc. Thing is, I didn't. Don't really have anything to gain by creating fiction. Not getting paid by the word over here.

If Factor 5 had an official Kid Icarus contract with Nintendo, though, I don't think the company would be in the state it's in – completely unresponsive. Today, I called president Julian Eggebrecht, as I do weekly, for any sort of news on what's going on over there following all kinds of rampant rumors of the studio's demise, and once more only got his answering message. Moreover, I couldn't even leave a message because his mailbox is full. Now, if funding was still coming in for such a project, I have to think F5 would be operational in some capacity, which – and this is anecdotally given I can't get a hold of anyone over there – it doesn't seem to be.

The other possibility is that Factor 5 started on Kid Icarus in good faith that a great playable would land it the contract with Nintendo. Not out of the question given the company's relationship with the Big N already. Remember, it was involved with GameCube early and co-developed the audio technology. It also pushed the system harder than most with titles like Rogue Squadron and was at one time officially partnered with Nintendo – Iwata even announced it at a long-ago E3 – to create some first-party game. It was Pilot Wings and unfortunately that too never went anywhere.

Now, supposing F5 was officially on board with Nintendo for Kid Icarus before all of this Superman / Brash Entertainment nonsense supposedly obliterated the company, yeah, the chances are damned good the project would continue. But I'm inclined to believe the opposite is true – that it never had the contract and that Kid Icarus for Wii might go down with the company. Certainly doesn't mean we won't ever see Kid Icarus for Wii because Nintendo definitely knows gamers want to see the return of the franchise – just might happen with another studio.

-- Matt

http://wii.ign.com/articles/953/953134p1.html

Tato

We have decided to get out of the hardware business and develop our games exclusively on Sony platforms. We feel that we should team up and eliminate the Microsoft platform for good.

Yeah, Captain Rainbow. And Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom too. I don't think they will be released in the USA. So, it would be great to see Nintendo reveal that they would update Wii to be Region Free, so we all would be able to buy import games (I mean, Japanese games. For me, ALL games are import). I know, it's never gonna happen.

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.