By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

Really dunno what's happening with you guys, but me and 3/4 of my (psn) friends (Combined 80+-) don't have any problem at all with the playstation store... No I'm not making this up, I asked them with mass message / IRL when I had a little problem myself... That problem turned out to be caused by own fault.

Around the Network

I actually just went online with my PS3 over the weekend for the first time, never have in the year~ ive had it lol

PS3 Store is amazing, downloaded tons of free demo's, all with ease, not a single problem

Home is histerical, I loved it, spent so much time bowling :/ and creating my character lol

Was always skeptical of both PS Store and Home, but wow were they both amazing :) kudos to Sony and sorry to hear your having download troubles

Baggins said:
but but but.....The PSN store is better than Xbox Live Marketplace!!!!

lol

Nice to hear the latest in twesterm's honest views on the PS3 as a product.

Instead of the usual outright lies we normally here from the fanboys.

Could do with a mod disrespecting the 360 a bit more too. I actually take their views seriously. (makingmusc doesn't count)

Maybe people genuinely disagree as oposed to coming out with "outright lies" XBLA genuinely pisses me off, and I find the PS store much more convenient

Sorry but no, i never, never, never had a problem with the ps store, not once, i downloaded plenty of demos with no problems. You always have some playsation related problem to moan about twesterm dont you

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

twesterm said:

So I finally decided I would play the Killzone 2 demo tonight but I'm not going to preorder it before I know if I actually like it.  So what do I do?  Make a European account which was simple enough, I was even happy to see it took my completely made up address without any complaints.

So I enter the Playstation Store with my shiny new PSN account and proceed to download the Killzone 2 demo...or so I thought.

I click the button, I add it to my basket, and I get to the screen where it shows me my progress bar and asks if I want to download it in the background.  Well yeah, I want to download it in the background!

I browse the store a little more and I check my current downloads.  I see KZ2 there but don't see any progress.  I click the button and it brings me back to the progress screen but it's still at 0%. 

Fuck, I've had problems with the store before but I always forget how I do things.  I tell it to start again and then I tell it to go into the background.  I wait a few minutes and check and still can't figure out how far it has gone.  When I click the game again, it still says 0%.  I click one more time and I keep it at the progress screen and the bar actually starts moving.

I'm sorry to you Playstation fans, but the Playstation Store is giant flaming pile of poo.

Every time I try to download something from there I get this problem.  I either have to sit there and watch the progress bar to make sure it's downloading, or it just doesn't download, or I somehow get like 10 copies of what I was trying to download.

Is there any reason they decided to make the Playstation store the giant pile of confusing crap they did?  Why can't they just let me download something in the background and occasionally check my progress?  Why must they make it so damn confusing?

You should add "IMO" to that part, i have never had any problems dowloading at the PSN

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

Only problems I ever had was that after I download sometimes there would be an install problem. I also hate that the store won't tell me what I've already downloaded. My memory ain't what it used to be, so I end up downloading the same thing twice (videos only).

Oh yes, once you click download in the background, just go to the XMB and look under network and then you have download management, much simpler than NXE where you have to go into the mini guide and then all the way to the left to find active downloads, I honestly don't know where it is on the full version

It’s a poor craftsman who blames his tools.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

d21lewis said:
Only problems I ever had was that after I download sometimes there would be an install problem. I also hate that the store won't tell me what I've already downloaded. My memory ain't what it used to be, so I end up downloading the same thing twice (videos only).

What about the red shopping bag, or does that not appear for videos? (I thought it did..)

Munkeh111 said:
d21lewis said:

What about the red shopping bag, or does that not appear for videos? (I thought it did..)

Red shopping bag doesn't show up for videos and wallpaper/photos.  Sucks because the wallpaper they show is sometimes different than the actual wallpaper I download.  I always think that it's something new.