By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

So I finally decided I would play the Killzone 2 demo tonight but I'm not going to preorder it before I know if I actually like it.  So what do I do?  Make a European account which was simple enough, I was even happy to see it took my completely made up address without any complaints.

So I enter the Playstation Store with my shiny new PSN account and proceed to download the Killzone 2 demo...or so I thought.

I click the button, I add it to my basket, and I get to the screen where it shows me my progress bar and asks if I want to download it in the background.  Well yeah, I want to download it in the background!

I browse the store a little more and I check my current downloads.  I see KZ2 there but don't see any progress.  I click the button and it brings me back to the progress screen but it's still at 0%. 

Fuck, I've had problems with the store before but I always forget how I do things.  I tell it to start again and then I tell it to go into the background.  I wait a few minutes and check and still can't figure out how far it has gone.  When I click the game again, it still says 0%.  I click one more time and I keep it at the progress screen and the bar actually starts moving.

I'm sorry to you Playstation fans, but the Playstation Store is giant flaming pile of poo.

Every time I try to download something from there I get this problem.  I either have to sit there and watch the progress bar to make sure it's downloading, or it just doesn't download, or I somehow get like 10 copies of what I was trying to download.

Is there any reason they decided to make the Playstation store the giant pile of confusing crap they did?  Why can't they just let me download something in the background and occasionally check my progress?  Why must they make it so damn confusing?

Around the Network

Just throw away your PS3, all problems will be solved after that.

I agree with you. I mean recently I was trying to download Resident Evil 5 demo and it took two whole days to download. They need to fix up the whole store. Also, they need more quality games on PSN. Besides Crash and Spyro, I am really digusted by the lack of classic psone and ps2 games they have. I think they need to add Legend of the Dragoon and Final Fantasy VII. There are so many classic games from the past two consoles that need to be on PSN. Sony really disappointed me this year.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I agree with the previous poster, the PS3 hates you, get ride of it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I wouldn't know, next time just leave it downloading and go do something else.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I have never had that bad of a problem with the PSN store. The downloads are slow and there's a rare occasion where I have an error but nothing too major.

^This

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

It's all a big scheme, they're trying to confuse us into buying stuff we don't want.

Wow, I can usually download stuff within a reasonable amount of time (a half hour for bigger files), but I've never had anything remotely close to the problems you had. I don't know what to tell you.
I suppose you checked your internet and everything was fine? Maybe the store just hates you. ^_^ just kidding =)

I don't care about the speed or the content, I just hate the piss poor excuse for an interface.

I've never had this problem you speak of, I quite enjoy the Playstation store.