By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

I download every week from the store. The only problem I had was when I was getting the Shivering Isles expansion and it kept screwing up half way through. That was long ago and now I never have problems.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

WOW, never happened to me, EVER. I just click on the download, click on the background download, and go about my business in the PS store or just exit. If I'm not playing a game, I'll go to the option that will turn off the PS3 once the downloads have finished downloading and installed. Something is wrong with ur connection/PS3. (also, I get very fast download speeds, like 1- 2 megabytes per second, I think that's pretty fast. Downloaded the KZ2 demo (1.2 gigs) in like 20 min max)

I'll make a video tonight after the wife goes to bed and show y'all what I'm talking about. Hopefully y'all can tell me what I'm doing wrong. ;)

I'm thinking it's your connection man, if your using wifi your ps3 might be to far from your router. That is one thing wrong with the system it doesn't have the best range for wifi.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Strange that you're having such issues. I found that from the moment I turned my ps3 on, the store worked quite well. It was easy to navigate(imo at least) and the transfers were very quick.

I wish my Wii downloaded things as quickly :(

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I'll make a video tonight after the wife goes to bed and show y'all what I'm talking about. Hopefully y'all can tell me what I'm doing wrong. ;)

See my first post or else follow these steps

find a really big demo for testing purposes

download using the background download option

exit the PS store

go to the network option in the XMB

Go to the download option that isnt normally there

press X a few times till your viewing the progress page

look at the data transfer not the % complete

ask yourself is the number on the left side growing

if all is well and its growing no matter how fast or slow its obviously downloading

hit O to go back to the file name of the demo your downloading

hit triangle

then cancal to end the download

post what happened here

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Things Twesterm hates about his PS3:

-The Packaging
-Home
-*New* The PS Store.

(The controller, something about your thumbs? Or was that someone else?)

I think we should have predictions on what's coming next.

Dallinor said:
Things Twesterm hates about the PS3:

-The Packaging
-Home
-*New* The PS Store.

Anyone else think this PS store business has saved us from yet another "Killzone 2 is disappointing" thread? :P

PS3 Trophies

Dallinor said:
Things Twesterm hates about the PS3:

-The Packaging
-Home
-*New* The PS Store.

That's too easy, In the next episode I "really" hate the playstation, twestern is gonna discuss Killzone 2 demo.

PS Store has always worked great for me.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.