By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

I predict the XMB

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
twesterm said:

So I finally decided I would play the Killzone 2 demo tonight but I'm not going to preorder it before I know if I actually like it.  So what do I do?  Make a European account which was simple enough, I was even happy to see it took my completely made up address without any complaints.

So I enter the Playstation Store with my shiny new PSN account and proceed to download the Killzone 2 demo...or so I thought.

I click the button, I add it to my basket, and I get to the screen where it shows me my progress bar and asks if I want to download it in the background.  Well yeah, I want to download it in the background!

I browse the store a little more and I check my current downloads.  I see KZ2 there but don't see any progress.  I click the button and it brings me back to the progress screen but it's still at 0%. 

Fuck, I've had problems with the store before but I always forget how I do things.  I tell it to start again and then I tell it to go into the background.  I wait a few minutes and check and still can't figure out how far it has gone.  When I click the game again, it still says 0%.  I click one more time and I keep it at the progress screen and the bar actually starts moving.

I'm sorry to you Playstation fans, but the Playstation Store is giant flaming pile of poo.

Every time I try to download something from there I get this problem.  I either have to sit there and watch the progress bar to make sure it's downloading, or it just doesn't download, or I somehow get like 10 copies of what I was trying to download.

Is there any reason they decided to make the Playstation store the giant pile of confusing crap they did?  Why can't they just let me download something in the background and occasionally check my progress?  Why must they make it so damn confusing?

Maybe it's your connection ? or a bug in your ps3 software ?

It's not the playstation store as i've never even heard of this issue. I can set it to dl .. 20 things in the background. Not only is it fast (i have 20 mbit, it usually uses my full speed) but it'll even keep downloading if i'm playing a game. The ps store is not a giant piece of shit. Maybe your connection is the issue. Infact i would assume that by default.. seems most likely. Wireless ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Wow, Twesterm and the PS3 are just destined to not live together. I mean, you should complain given that it was practically free for you (if I recall from an old thread). I have a solution: How about every time you have a problem with your PS3 you kick it. After enough kicks you're bound to not have problems anymore.

Judging by the reaction here, I think next time you have problem with your PS3 you should probably keep it to yourself.

tedsteriscool said:
Wow, Twesterm and the PS3 are just destined to not live together. I mean, you should complain given that it was practically free for you (if I recall from an old thread). I have a solution: How about every time you have a problem with your PS3 you kick it. After enough kicks you're bound to not have problems anymore.

I'm proposing a seperation.

Around the Network

I've never had any problems with the PSN it's always worked like a charm for me, you must be bad luck lol

But whatever it is it seems to be just you, now apologize for insulting the PSN!

axumblade said:
AE86 said:
Judging by the reaction here, I think next time you have problem with your PS3 you should probably keep it to yourself.

Or ask people about it instead of assuming that everybody has the same issue and outright saying that he hates the Playstation Store...

Yeah, that too.

AE86 said:

Well people just get sick and tired of hearing him bitch and complain about the PS3 constantly. I started to get really annoyed when he was showing himself playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and failed to prove that he could beat a boss using the same strategy. The pissing and moaning he spews is exhausting. Plus, he fails to take other people's advice that are trying to help him with problems and continues sulking without even attempting to implement a solution. /rant

@twesterm

Is your ethernet cable connection stable? If you're wireless, try wired even if you have to get a 100 foot cable and route it across the world twice to get it from your router to your PS3. Then try to check the progress as one of the posts before me explained bacsue it tells you to the kb/mb how much you have downloaded. And if you just don't want to try our possible solutions, stop posting crap and stay out of the PS forum because I am sick of the bullshit and im sure others are too.

i have never had a problem with the ps store and if you was not a mod you would have bin banned for trolling

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Never experienced whatever issues you are running into.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.