By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

I've never had any problems starting downloads...

Around the Network
twesterm said:

So I finally decided I would play the Killzone 2 demo tonight but I'm not going to preorder it before I know if I actually like it.  So what do I do?  Make a European account which was simple enough, I was even happy to see it took my completely made up address without any complaints.

So I enter the Playstation Store with my shiny new PSN account and proceed to download the Killzone 2 demo...or so I thought.

I click the button, I add it to my basket, and I get to the screen where it shows me my progress bar and asks if I want to download it in the background.  Well yeah, I want to download it in the background!

I browse the store a little more and I check my current downloads.  I see KZ2 there but don't see any progress.  I click the button and it brings me back to the progress screen but it's still at 0%. 

Fuck, I've had problems with the store before but I always forget how I do things.  I tell it to start again and then I tell it to go into the background.  I wait a few minutes and check and still can't figure out how far it has gone.  When I click the game again, it still says 0%.  I click one more time and I keep it at the progress screen and the bar actually starts moving.

I'm sorry to you Playstation fans, but the Playstation Store is giant flaming pile of poo.

Every time I try to download something from there I get this problem.  I either have to sit there and watch the progress bar to make sure it's downloading, or it just doesn't download, or I somehow get like 10 copies of what I was trying to download.

Is there any reason they decided to make the Playstation store the giant pile of confusing crap they did?  Why can't they just let me download something in the background and occasionally check my progress?  Why must they make it so damn confusing?

You can.. exit the PS Store. Go under Network in the XMB. Under downloads or w/e which only appears when you have background download files downloading just press X to bring up the list then X again for the progress page and look at the amount downloaded vs the %. As long as data is being downloaded its fine. I have never had your issue before with it not downloading but I have had really slow downloads before.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Something tells me I've downloaded a lot more things from the PS store then you and I haven't even ONCE had a problem. I have downloaded almost every demo and trailer released every week in addition to 2 ps classics and 5 PS store games. Guess your PS knows this is the 100th "I hate insert something PS3 related" thread you've created and decided to act accordingly?

PS3 Trophies

its just you man, ive never had problems with the store.

Machina-AX said:
Never had this problem. I select download in background and off it goes and downloads. When I want to check the progress I go to the XMB and check it there and it always works fine.

"Why can't they just let me download something in the background and occasionally check my progress?" - This is exactly what happens for me :p

look at my post... you can watch the progress in the XMB....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:
ssj12 said:
Machina-AX said:
Never had this problem. I select download in background and off it goes and downloads. When I want to check the progress I go to the XMB and check it there and it always works fine.

"Why can't they just let me download something in the background and occasionally check my progress?" - This is exactly what happens for me :p

look at my post... you can watch the progress in the XMB....

Yeah, that's what I said. I always check my progress through the XMB.

oh, didnt see the :p for the sarcasm...

Hell, I have no problems starting downloads via remote play from my PSP!

You just have problems.

makingmusic476 said:
Hell, I have no problems starting downloads via remote play from my PSP!

You just have problems.

its called blindness

it appears when you either cant see anything at all or just what exists.

I don't see the problem with playstation store, i can always check my progress in xmb. I wish there was more ps one classics though.

Solid_Raiden said:
Something tells me I've downloaded a lot more things from the PS store then you and I haven't even ONCE had a problem. I have downloaded almost every demo and trailer released every week in addition to 2 ps classics and 5 PS store games. Guess your PS knows this is the 100th "I hate insert something PS3 related" thread you've created and decided to act accordingly?

Great post.  I have downloaded every demo, trailer, theme, wallpaper, etc from 3 different regions of stores (and Hong Kong), and I've never had that problem.

But hey, KZ2 is getting good reviews so he's gotta find something to complain about.  Complaining about KZ2 is becoming too cliche for him.