By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

Elite1 said:
I don't want to read every post to find out if this has been answered but in case it hasn't: You cannot download while you are online with your PS3. This includes using the browser, playing multiplayer online and even using the PS Store. So just exit the store and it will start downloading just check the progress bar and you'll see.

Maybe you have a different category connection than I do, but I can download just fine while I'm still in the store, using the browser, or playing most games. Rock Band is 1 I know won't allow background downloads at the same time. Perhaps Rock Band 2 does, I don't have it yet.

The only legit complaint twestern raised is that you can't check your progress while in the store, but it literally takes a few seconds to get out and a few seconds to go to the store where you were. If he wasn't OCD then he wouldn't have to check the downloads constantly to see if they are working...or it's his connection that sucks and doesn't just download it automatically and flash "HEY YOUR DOWNLOAD IS DONE" like it does for me all the time while I'm in the store. I really don't care because the fact is he has no legit reason to "really hate" the playstation store and create a separate thread for it.

Around the Network

It semms like those who live in US has a little problem downloading from Eu store i wonder why, ive had an Us account like from the beginning and downloaded numerous times from US store and i never had problems with it so i dont know.

Really? Because my download got to 1% in 5 seconds...

Your internet perhaps?

EDIT: Has Sony ever made anything you actually liked?

What bets he is going to hate Killzone 2

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@ Twesterm )

your connection/isp is a giant flaming pile of poo

btw go unter network -> downloads and press triangle at the download to see if it's really downloading (you can see the total MB there and how many MBs you downloaded - and it should say it's status there "pending" or "downloading")

I think it only seems to you it wasn't dling, because it's so slow, which might be because you are using wlan (with shitty connection quality) or because your isp is junk

for me the Playstation Store is blazing fast and that goes for every single one of it (Ger, UK, JPN, US, HK - I have accounts for those)

twesterm said:
AE86 said:

Sounds like this was largely (i.e. completely) your fault, perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to anger next time. It also sounds like you're nitpicking incredibly small things that most people would ignore.

Shitty design isn't my fault.  Why should I have to exit the store to check my download progress and why should it even let me blindly download a huge file 5 times?  You would think they wouldn't want that just to ease the load on their servers.

Why would you need to check it in the first place? You act like you could spend hours in the store.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Around the Network

I didn't bother to read the thread - the problem actually was, that he started the download multiple times ? My god ....

95% of the PS3 problems sit in front of the TV screen

I didn't read all the posts so if someone already suggested this I'm sorry.
Check your internet connection. I've never had any problems down loading anything from the PSN.

Maybe its because Americans are blocked from the download. SCEA aren't that difficult at all, but SCEE are a pain in the ass. I hate them!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Ah, Am I surprised? Personally I think the 360 Live interface is a piece of shit (Ads for a Premium service WTF! ) , IMO of course. Funny how when you turn on the 360 (Even with a disc in) You have to scroll down to The game.

I have never had a problem with downloading stuff. In fact I did just download KZ2 from the EU store. Did you click the Triangle button on the download? You get a menu which shows weather you paused the download or not. You can resume the download from here. Its very easy really.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees