By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I *really* hate the Playstation Store

vthokiesrmoo said:

I like the PlayStation store better than XBL Marketplace. Weird that you think so low of it.

That's because it's sony. You haven't kept up with his post history have you? He's unbelievably biased for some reason. Honestly, if I had been in his shoes and found out what was going on I would have lol'ed at myself and went on but you see how he responds by blaming sony. But of course I was like everyone else and figured this out by myself. I can't believe he designs games. This isn't rocket science. :P

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
tedsteriscool said:
Sharky54 said:

Well do. Oh and know what? Next time you have to send mircosoft some moeny for xbox live, send them a smily face and a thank you for keeping the servers lag free with. 17 million people shelling out 50 dollars a year. That is 850,000,000 dollars a year. Oh yeah I forgot, they arent lag free. I guess all that money goes to steal the Mii idea from nintendo.

That was both lame and win at the same time.

It is so true though. Didnt microsoft just say they have 17.5 million live users? that would put the amount of money i listed as a low end value. Yet I play Gears 2 online at my friends house, and 5/8 games lag like crazy. I know its not his internet cause we have done some heavy double MMOing over there. Basically they take that money and pocket it and pretend they are doing stuff to xbox live. Everyone thinks this new system took so much R&D, but come on, all they did was add 3d avatars and change the look of everything. 1 or 2 months top. Not almost a billion dollars worth amirite?

The PSN store works great for me. My first time I downloaded 2 of the same demo. But I learned from my mistake right away. Also I am sure those things they make us read before we get the newest updates have something important in there. I never read that stuff.

MS did just release that number but it also includes any and all free accounts that were made.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Solid_Raiden said:
vthokiesrmoo said:

I like the PlayStation store better than XBL Marketplace. Weird that you think so low of it.

That's because it's sony. You haven't kept up with his post history have you? He's unbelievably biased for some reason. Honestly, if I had been in his shoes and found out what was going on I would have lol'ed at myself and went on but you see how he responds by blaming sony. But of course I was like everyone else and figured this out by myself. I can't believe he designs games. This isn't rocket science. :P

Wait wait wait. He claims to program games? I just don't believe that I am sorry. He just cant. You need to have atleast a simple grasp on life. Which he clearly does not.

outlawauron said:
Sharky54 said:
tedsteriscool said:
Sharky54 said:

Well do. Oh and know what? Next time you have to send mircosoft some moeny for xbox live, send them a smily face and a thank you for keeping the servers lag free with. 17 million people shelling out 50 dollars a year. That is 850,000,000 dollars a year. Oh yeah I forgot, they arent lag free. I guess all that money goes to steal the Mii idea from nintendo.

That was both lame and win at the same time.

It is so true though. Didnt microsoft just say they have 17.5 million live users? that would put the amount of money i listed as a low end value. Yet I play Gears 2 online at my friends house, and 5/8 games lag like crazy. I know its not his internet cause we have done some heavy double MMOing over there. Basically they take that money and pocket it and pretend they are doing stuff to xbox live. Everyone thinks this new system took so much R&D, but come on, all they did was add 3d avatars and change the look of everything. 1 or 2 months top. Not almost a billion dollars worth amirite?

The PSN store works great for me. My first time I downloaded 2 of the same demo. But I learned from my mistake right away. Also I am sure those things they make us read before we get the newest updates have something important in there. I never read that stuff.

MS did just release that number but it also includes any and all free accounts that were made.

You know what I mean. Even if its only 500,000,000 dollars they are wasting, It is still a lot. 50 dollars a year is too much. I wouldn't care if sony charged us like 20 dollars a year. Still more then enough money a year to keep servers running smoothly etc etc.

Sharky54 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
vthokiesrmoo said:

Wait wait wait. He claims to program games? I just don't believe that I am sorry. He just cant. You need to have atleast a simple grasp on life. Which he clearly does not.

It's true. He's part of the team working on Ghostbusters. If he's any indication of the type of people who are developing the game though I might just have to pass as I would have gotten the ps3 version which going by what knowledge I have of twesterm would be a lousy port. Of course I can't assume something like that so I'll rent the game instead of giving it a buy.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
vthokiesrmoo said:

Watch out now. No need to insult him.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Sharky54 said:
Solid_Raiden said:
vthokiesrmoo said:

Watch out now. No need to insult him.

I don't mean harm. But it is very easy to solve such a problem. In fact there was no problem other then human error. Then to come here and complain? I have seen some of his other posts. I must say he is probably here to just piss people off. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesnt even have a PS3.

KylieDog said:
I have never had a single problem downloading anything from any regions PS Store. Ever.

I cannot imagine a more simple design. I can browse and download from the japanese PS Store and I don't even know a word of japanese.

Absurd! Simple in design?! I hear all kinds of compaints form one person about how awful the ps store is! Certainly I can't take the opinion of you or all the other psn users over all these people complaining! I don't even think I can trust my own opinion on this matter anymore...

We need a simpler PSN store SONY! We demand it read our minds, marry our dogs and walk our women!

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
KylieDog said:
I have never had a single problem downloading anything from any regions PS Store. Ever.

I cannot imagine a more simple design. I can browse and download from the japanese PS Store and I don't even know a word of japanese.

Absurd! Simple in design?! I hear all kinds of compaints form one person about how awful the ps store is! Certainly I can't take the opinion of you or all the other psn users over all these people complaining! I don't even think I can trust my own opinion on this matter anymore...

We need a simpler PSN store SONY! We demand it read our minds, marry our dogs and walk our women!

As long as it can't mate with our women that sounds good to me. But sony is japanese, so you know tenticles and all that would come into play. Rather not think about that.

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
outlawauron said:
madskillz said:
outlawauron said:
twesterm said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
twesterm said:
I don't care about the speed or the content, I just hate the piss poor excuse for an interface.

You find the thing you want to download. You press "download". It downloads.

A dyslexic chimp could do that :P

Yeah, but the problem comes in where I want to download in the background and then check my progress. That's the part that is terrible.

Without someone like SSJ12 specifically telling me to leave the PS Store and go to the XMB I would have never found that because it is in no way at all intuituve. I know they tell me how to check when I download but I have always assumed they meant inside of the store and didn't even realize I have a network option in the XMB (I never really read the headings, I just look at the pictures).

It takes about the same time to pull Active downloads on 360.

Not really - just hit the Xbox button and head to Active Downloads on the far-left tab. I had to redownload a lot of crap I had on my 20gb drive. It was pretty painless.

And all you have to do is press the Playstation button and head to download management under the network tab.

Yeah, but then you have to exit the store and then enter again.

1. You have to exit the store
  2. Why would I think to exit the store to check my current downloads when there's a button in the store that says check your current downloads.

why do you have to check if its downloading? honestly? once you hit background download and the screen disappears its done. If you canceled the download you it would know since it prompts you if you want to cancel the download. Also all downloads are queued so that even if you hit download 5 times they download one by one so you can simply cancel all duplicate downloads.

I'm one of those anal people that constantly have to check on things.  If I don't know for sure it's downloading then I start worrying (for absolutely no reason other than I just do) so I like to check it.