By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So am I the only one loosing interest in playing games?

Roma said:
The funny thing is when I am away and don’t have my games around to play I keep on thinking on how much I want to play some of the them but then when I get home it is like “meh I’ll play it later” lol

Sounds like you're a hopeless addict, like me. =P

All the games you listed in your OP are linear narratives, except for maybe Mario Galaxy. They're all fairly time consuming and are difficult to play in short bursts because of having to remember every control, gameplay, and story aspect everytime you go back to them.

I think you might enjoy more arcade style games, at least for a while. Stuff that you can just play for a while, then forget about, then play again when you remember them. One of my favorite games this generation is actually Earth Defense Force 2017. I didn't care about it's sub-par production values because I had so much fun just mindlessly killing everything in sight without interuption of useless cutscenes or annoying puzzles that aren't puzzling. And it's mission structure, adjustable difficulty, and simple story made it easy to play whenever I felt like for as short or as long as I want.

Around the Network

No, i'm losing interest too.

I'm always very hyped for a game until i get it. Then i play it for like an hour and never touch it after that :(

Last game i bothered to finish was FFCC: RoF. I just get bored of playing games these days.

I am getting more and more into it, though I have only been a hardcore gamer for the last few years

There is nothing wrong with switching to a more arcade style of game when you don't have time for more demanding linear games or when there doesn't
happen to be anything that has captured your interest.

Because of other demands on my time, I often have intervals when I rely on games like Mario Karts that can be a lot of fun even if you have only 20 minutes to play.

I take it you don't own a PS3? lol

Around the Network

I m like you dear OP :

many games not finished/stoped playing :

Bioshock, The Witcher, L4D

theyare good but, I dont know, they dont give as much pleasure as others games before ...

Time to Work !

yeah i'm the opposite. I've played well over 200 games this gen over all platforms including handhelds and pc and i'm still going strong!

No, i will never lose interest in video games, theyre my hobby.

I why play a few more games, you don't have too much in your game collection.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I was for a while, but Resistance 2 and Fallout 3 saved me! haha