By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So am I the only one loosing interest in playing games?

The same thing happens to me from time to time. I was pretty hardcore up until the PS2 came out, but it kind of disappointed me so it collected dust until I decided to pick up a gamecube late in the gen. Warioware and Mariokart got me back in. I guess my life had changed and I needed a different type of game.

This excitement dovetailed nicely with the wii party game madness but it has faded. I am not at all interested in Wii Sports Resort despite having logged hundreds of hours in WiSports.

I think I need to shift gears again back to some escapist games. I have been trying to dive into some RPGs on the ds since pickings are slim on the Wii. What I really want is another Star Con 2, but that is not happening. Maybe Dragonquest 9 or 10 will get me?

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Clearly, you're not the ONLY one, but I'm not losing interest at all.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Everyone needs a break once in a while. For example, currently there are no new games I'm planning on buying for the next couple months, with the exception of Fire Emblem which I preordered 2 months ago.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I agree ith Nordlead, i think you need a break from gaming. My break was really long basically i barely played any games (apart from football manager) between start of 2006 and mid 2007. But got back to it and i enjoy it but still there are weeks where i just dont have time or im not in a mood for games. A little break will revitilise your gaming.

You just need a break from it. Play some older games and do something different.

Give it a few weeks or months and those new games will feel refreshing again.

Around the Network

I guess I need a break as some of you say. Hmm last time I played was three weeks ago. The funny thing is when I am away and don’t have my games around to play I keep on thinking on how much I want to play some of the them but then when I get home it is like “meh I’ll play it later” lol

@slimebeast visste inte att du var svensk eller i alla fall bor i Sverige hehe

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sounds like you are becoming jaded.

I had my break for about 8 months last year but with 2 weeks in the middle that was full of Mario Kart :P

It happens though.. I'm off TV atm and I have books I wanna read but don't really feel like starting them.. CoD really got me back into my Wii and I have started playing Galaxy with Luigi - I forgot how amazingly good that game is!

I'd say that the best way to get some gaming in is to invite a few of your mates over and have some multiplayer fun. It's definately more fun that way

Finally, if you don't have something that your hyping up and absolutely can't wait for then usually you're going to feel the way you're feeling, the games you have been waiting for forever are always better, the movies you really wanna see make you feel like watching movies and TV, if there is a new series or something and you hype it up then you like it well then you're more likely to watch other shows too.

Yes... I've been spending much more of my time with movies and TV shows, and less on my console and handhelds...

4 ≈ One

Get a PS3, MGS4 will change your life forever.