By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many of you Wii,360 fans/owners is planning on getting KillZone2?

I still don't understand the problem with Killzone 2's controls. Put it on full sensitivity, the reticle moves just as fast as in CoD4...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
scottie said:
Sorry to crush all you 'K2 will be huge' people, but once you experience shooters on the Wii, going back to dual analogue shooters is impossible

That's really narrow.

I've played a few shooters on Wii. I don't own a lot though, as I don't like the genre that much. I own Red Steel, MP3 and Disaster, I've played MoH2 as well.

I have just about the same control when playing James Bond: Nightfire with the GC controller (I play it as it is still better than most splitscreen games on Wii).

I can't see the big deal most people talk about. Sure, for the first 15 minutes after having played only the Wii controlled ones for a year, it felt abnormal. But then, it was a breeze again.

The mouse may > the Wiimote, and the Wiimote may > analogs, but that's only if you have the controls the same way. A multiplat PC/X360/Ps3 shooter will almost always have better PC controls. But 2 stanalone games (one on Ps360, one on PC) may be completely equal, because they have different control schemes.

I prefer the Wiimote to the GC controller, but it's not a huge difference.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

well i don't care about killzone 2 much especially since soon i will get conduit which is basically more fast paced game with more entertaining gameplay and superior controls so uhm yeah. plus i've got first killzone few days ago as a present and this game is nothing special to me(i've had much more fun with Black and kill.switch) so i don't care about the sequel.

and i'm not yet stupid enough to buy 400$ console just for one game.

I'm a PS3 owner and am not even getting it

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I might get it. I'm still on the fence. I have a backlog of games I'm going through, many of which will probably be a better experience than KZ2.

I don't know. I was looking forwad to getting the game, but not so much now. I'll pick it up later in the year probably.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network

this video illustrate clearly about the lag

the lag is as pointed out on neogaf and boardus, it is the problem in the game itself.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=143456

somehow some people said this is intended and more realistic wow :) ,

the one that pointed the problem are mostly from fps guys.

(read the description in the video)

dejelek said:

the lag is as pointed out on neogaf and boardus, it is the problem in the game itself.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=143456

Wouldn't this cause immense problems when playing online? I already have a new blue tooth headset but will wait with the game purchase for now.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

it´s a stupid question, I don´t own a ps3 so i´m not getting it :D

dolemit3 said:
dejelek said:

Wouldn't this cause immense problems when playing online? I already have a new blue tooth headset but will wait with the game purchase for now.

The annotations claim for the video maker's actual test he had the controller plugged in with the USB cable, and as the video demonstrated the XMB didn't have those kinds of delays.

I noticed the delay on the sticks and difficulty of getting small tweaks recognized when I played the demo, but I didn’t catch the delay on the actual buttons.

dejelek said:

I wonder how other games would look like in a comparison.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957