By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - After reading the Mass Effect release ...

LOL just w8 for them to make an official statement instead of digging up bits of clues on why it or it will not come to other consoles.

Around the Network

I was reading somewhere that Bioware was very comfortable making 360 games. While they will keep making 360 games, EA will port it and I really believe the port won't be as good as the original Bioware file.

What will happen - and it's justified - is that PS3 types will be pissed. They should be. No one wants a POC port that is trippy and buggy. I'd rather do without than have a piece of garbage game.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
LOL just w8 for them to make an official statement instead of digging up bits of clues on why it or it will not come to other consoles.

What is there to announce? Why hold off for this long? It's EA we are talking about. EA has danced around this question.

Stuff like this will never stop. I remember his PS3 bot argued me down there would be GTA IV DLC for the PS3. I told him 'Look at what R* said' and he was like 'You're lying.' It's almost a year - where are the DLCs for the PS3? We all know the DLC is coming for the 360 - but what about the PS3?

It's not a conspiracy theory, and financials don't lie. What did the financials say?

Just like other financial articles, they tell the story. Until I see one that states 'Mass Effect - PS3' then I'll stand corrected.

My take is that it'll come to PS3, simply because EA won't as much money as possible. All this contract talk makes the whole thing sketchy but I've no doubt that EA will find a work-around, they're EA afterall.

It takes me back to last gen with GTA, Sony had some sort of exclusivity deal for the GTA Triology, but then the Xbox was on the block. Take 2 and Rockstar managed to get round the contract by releasing GTA under the name of something else other then what it was called on PS2. My memory is skethy about the whole situation. That could be what EA are doing with this special Mass Effect Edition release on 360 to be honest.

But yeah, I'll be surprised if it remains exclusive. Not for me anyway.

I don't care so long as Mass effect 2 will be released simultaneously to PC as X360. First one was much better on PC.

Around the Network

So your theory is that EA exchanged the ability to deliver the sequels to Mass Effect on the PS3 in exchange for the ability to publish Mass Effect 1 on the PC? Really?

If this were true, EA would be emphatic about the fact that it was not coming on the PS3, and the CEO of the company would certainly clarify a statement about a multi-platform release.

I think the forums better prepare for PS3/360 announcements for both Mass Effect and Final Fantasy Versus. It's just a matter of time.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

madskillz said:
I was reading somewhere that Bioware was very comfortable making 360 games. While they will keep making 360 games, EA will port it and I really believe the port won't be as good as the original Bioware file.

What will happen - and it's justified - is that PS3 types will be pissed. They should be. No one wants a POC port that is trippy and buggy. I'd rather do without than have a piece of garbage game.

Surely you would want more people to be able to enjoy the Mass Effect experience properly?

Anyway, even if it is a crap port, EA will still try a get the most amount of money possible out of it, and so they should

madskillz said:

why is the thought of Mass effect going mulitplat killing you?i mean look at your reasons and how you justify the tought for yourslef.you are like even if it goes multiplat I THINK THEY MIGHT not enjoy it as much as I do on my 360 .you laughed at PSfanboys when they were crying for the lost exclusivity of FFXIII and look at your self man.hypocriticism at its best.

speaking of buggy mass effect,,,,you clearly haven't played ME1 on 360 done By bioware.

SpartanFX said:
madskillz said:

why is the thought of Mass effect going mulitplat killing you?i mean look at your reasons and how you justify the tought for yourslef.you are like even if it goes multiplat I THINK THEY MIGHT not enjoy it as much as I do on my 360 .you laughed at PSfanboys when they were crying for the lost exclusivity of FFXIII and look at your self man.hypocriticism at its best.

speaking of buggy mass effect,,,,you clearly haven't played ME1 on 360 done By bioware.

And why does it matter that Mass Effect have to go multiplatform?  Fortunately the whining for Mass Effect on the PS3 hasn't reached the level of MGS4 on the 360 yet.  In enough time, the non-PS3 continues, expect the the demands for Mass Effect to end up being larger than those spoken about MGS4.

After what has been seen with Bioshock and Orange Box, it might make sense that Mass Effect NOT be on the PS3 at all.  Or, if it does make the jump, release it as a trilogy on BluRay together for the PS3, with the release of the third in the series.  Of course, it may not do well, because the game would be a port of an OLD game then.

Stan85 said:
Before Bioware was bought by EA,MS signed an exclusivity contract for Mass Effect TRILOGY...therefore,EA had to ask MS for permission to publish ME1 on Pc. They are still negociating with MS for a Pc port for ME2 even if they OWN Bioware.

MS remains MS,the big corporation that can`t AFFORD to lose something that makes them money. They are a software company,so contracts are the bread and butter of what they do.

Gears 2 made a lot of people get 360`s...Fable 2 made a lot of people get 360`s... now Mass Effect 2 will get a lot of people to get 360`s because they played the first part on the Pc and now it`s exclusive to 360 so they NEED to buy a 360. How do you know that MS will allow ME2 to be on Pc? What about ME3 on Pc? They are not and will not be forced to own the IP/own the developer to have ME trilogy exclusive to the 360.

MS is smart and has a bunch of smart lawyers. What more can be said?

That's how I would think if I was MS. I hope they choose that path and doesn't release ME2 on the PC (it'll just get pirated by people like me).