By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - After reading the Mass Effect release ...

roland32 said:
madskillz said:

And I seriously doubt MS wants any of that. MS knows they have one of the hottest dates at prom and has no plans to share her with anyone - except a gay friend.

Mass Effect port to the Wii Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

You sir, have entered the epic win record books.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

@ Roland - thanks for the laugh. Haha!

I highly doubt Mass Effect trilogy will come to the PS3.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/bioware-and-pandemic-on-the-ea-deal/71035/?biz=1

I know it's an old interview but Bioware did state they want it to be a 360 trilogy exclusive. The last thing a developer wants to do with a big budget triple AAA game is spend time and resources on optimisation for a pain in the ass platform

I'm sure it will be timed exclusive as it's likely the PC will get it 6 months down the line after release.

^Dude, MS only signs contracts for 2 games, most of the time. So I wouldn't be surprised if ME3 came out on ps3.

y0ungK!d said:
^Dude, MS only signs contracts for 2 games, most of the time. So I wouldn't be surprised if ME3 came out on ps3.

Around the Network
y0ungK!d said:

madskillz said:
y0ungK!d said:

Ha ha ha...made my day.

What happens when ME3 will remain 360 exclusive? No Pc port.

Well,all the Pc players that were teased so far can`t "finish the fight" and will be forced to buy a 360 (finally...).

All the ps3 players will have to buy a 360 (about time) to play this great game.

All the Pc pirates will buy a 360 and buy the game (took them some time) and start enjoying a superb trilogy.

Again...what will happen...oh,if only MS whould read this... but I think they know. If they did buy the Pc publishing rights and never release the game on Pc,It will be a FF13 Internet meltdown all over again  

madskillz said:
dbot said:
So your theory is that EA exchanged the ability to deliver the sequels to Mass Effect on the PS3 in exchange for the ability to publish Mass Effect 1 on the PC? Really?

If this were true, EA would be emphatic about the fact that it was not coming on the PS3, and the CEO of the company would certainly clarify a statement about a multi-platform release.

I think the forums better prepare for PS3/360 announcements for both Mass Effect and Final Fantasy Versus. It's just a matter of time.

It's not my theory - it's fact. MS hit a deal with EA to publish ME on PC. Had they not reached a deal, there would be no PC version.

Let's look at publishing for a sec:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_publisher

The deal - the part revealed - is EA handles future publishing of all ME games. MS doesn't have to publish them anymore, hence the special edition of ME coming out from EA.

@ SpartanFX - it's not that I am whining over this. I am stating facts vs. fanboy hoopla. The original was published by MS and folks just overlook that and say 'It's going to come to the PS3' and there's a snowball's chance in hell of this happening.

What I don't want is - a half-done attempt to try and bring a remarkable game. It will be piecemealed and broken and give PS3 bots even more ammo to hate on the 360. There's enough of that going around that gamers don't need more of this crap.

Seriously, what's so hard to understand? ME 1 is available on the PC for non-360 owners.

And - accept the fact there are some 360 games that you won't play on a PS3. If you want to play an exclusive RPG on your sysytem, wish hard and hope the gaming gods here your prayer. Or just get the rival system and enjoy the games.

Let's look at business, EA buys developers that have good IPs and don't have the resources to publish on multiple platforms.  EA inflates the price of the purchase of said developer and books a rather large number in Good Will on their balance sheet to justify the amount of money they overpaid for the developer.  That number represents a value that EA thinks they will be able to add to the developer's bottom line by giving it the resources to port the game to multiple platforms, and access to their distribution channels.  If EA is unable able to leverage Bioware's IPs it will have to write-off the purchase for a loss.  This wouldn't make EA's investors very happy.  While I appreciate your argument, it is highly doubtful that the agreement with MS for PC publishing allowed MS any control over future installments of Mass Effect.  If such an agreement existed, EA would deny the PS3 version which they are unwilling to do.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

but why dont they just say to wich consoles the game is coming they only said multi release. if they game is coming to the 360/pc only then just say it, after all the first game came to those consoles so it wouldnt be a shock to anyone, unless the game is coming to another console the first one didnt or they are talking to ms for a big fat check to keep it exclusive. i`m just saying why all the secret with the consoles names?.

Stan85 said:
Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:
Before Bioware was bought by EA,MS signed an exclusivity contract for Mass Effect TRILOGY...therefore,EA had to ask MS for permission to publish ME1 on Pc. They are still negociating with MS for a Pc port for ME2 even if they OWN Bioware.

MS remains MS,the big corporation that can`t AFFORD to lose something that makes them money. They are a software company,so contracts are the bread and butter of what they do.

Gears 2 made a lot of people get 360`s...Fable 2 made a lot of people get 360`s... now Mass Effect 2 will get a lot of people to get 360`s because they played the first part on the Pc and now it`s exclusive to 360 so they NEED to buy a 360. How do you know that MS will allow ME2 to be on Pc? What about ME3 on Pc? They are not and will not be forced to own the IP/own the developer to have ME trilogy exclusive to the 360.

MS is smart and has a bunch of smart lawyers. What more can be said?

That's how I would think if I was MS. I hope they choose that path and doesn't release ME2 on the PC (it'll just get pirated by people like me).

LoL...people like you... EVERYONE can pirate Pc games,just click on a torrent and download.

The thing is that the developers/publishers get nothing,and by NOT being an xbox 360 exclusive,many will not buy a 360 and the game because they can pirate it on Pc later. It will be a bad move from MS.

But a good move from EA, because they know the potential of PC's digital distribution.