Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles - RPGFan Import review....ouch

darthdevidem01 said:
@aiemond

oh yeah the "conspiracy"

you see whenever a 360 JRPG got bad reviews (all of them) from western publications everyone shouted FOUL n said Western reviewers don't know how to review JRPG's & that western reviewers only give high marks to FF.

but then Valkyria Chronicles got brilliant reviews n then Persona 4 (a weak franchise sales wise) got great reviews too.

 

 Well, other than LO and ToV the 360 jrpgs are shit, and VC is good and p4 seems good (I'm not a big persona fan atm, i have not played them so i can't really judge). There is no conspiracy on that. Plus I think most of the paying off comes from big publishers (usually western).



Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@aiemond

oh yeah the "conspiracy"

you see whenever a 360 JRPG got bad reviews (all of them) from western publications everyone shouted FOUL n said Western reviewers don't know how to review JRPG's & that western reviewers only give high marks to FF.

but then Valkyria Chronicles got brilliant reviews n then Persona 4 (a weak franchise sales wise) got great reviews too.

 

I think this picture sums up this tread pretty well.



RPG said:
Infamous said:
Also, what people are saying FF13 and Versus will be shit because of SE's other teams? The only thing I've seen time and time again is PS3 fanbots shitting on FF13 because it's multi-plat, calling it a "Star Wars clone," and hailing Versus like it's god's gift to humanity.

Everyone knows FF13 will deliver, I don't see how that was a problem.

 

Can't help but think you have a 360 bias, just something about you..........

I personally was and still am looking forward to Versus more, was makes it worse is that 360 fanboys foam from their mouths when someone says they were looking forward to Versus more before E3. The gameplay video of FFXIII was very meh but we have only seen a snippet so I can only comment on that small section but of the CGI movies, Versus shits all over FFXIII.

No one knows anything about versus, a cgi does not make a game. I don't know if i will like it or not, i need to see some gameplay. I do know that if i do like it I will borrow my friends ps3 to play it :p

 



Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

TLR sucks period! Know why? not because of this "it was on the 360" bullshit but because it had terrible voice acting, huge framerate and tearing issues and they threw you in battle with no tutorial on the battle system thats why. So infamous stfu. If they fix some of those things like framerate and tearing in the PS3 version it will be better.

On topic: I'll wait for IGN and gamepro reviews before I buy.



GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Meh, that's a bummer :P Still looking forward to it ^^ I love a good grind fest (hopefully I can grind in this game >_>;;;) And I agree his reviews are usually pretty good.

@Infamous as far as I know, WKC got pretty good "press" as well. But reviews are hitting and less then stellar :/ I'm hoping SO4 get's reviewed well (granted I'm not sure that will change it's fate in terms of sales), so that way, IF we see a Playstation 3 version (which we 2#$@#$!@#!#@$ should have to begin with), it will be a good game there as well.

And it's not because they put out a few bad apples that people are annoyed with Squeenix, it's just that squeenix used to represent a consoles "powah", they simply weren't known for mediocre o.O;; From what I've heard both IU and TLR were littered with tech issues and just not great experiences. Then as I'm sure you know, the multi-platform vibe is in pretty standard consensus that you can't play to a consoles strengths, only they're weaknesses. And FFXIII is going to be one of the only Final Fantasy's that's released as a multi-plat. There is a need for concern :/



From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
RPG said:
Infamous said:
Also, what people are saying FF13 and Versus will be shit because of SE's other teams? The only thing I've seen time and time again is PS3 fanbots shitting on FF13 because it's multi-plat, calling it a "Star Wars clone," and hailing Versus like it's god's gift to humanity.

Everyone knows FF13 will deliver, I don't see how that was a problem.

 

Can't help but think you have a 360 bias, just something about you..........

I personally was and still am looking forward to Versus more, was makes it worse is that 360 fanboys foam from their mouths when someone says they were looking forward to Versus more before E3. The gameplay video of FFXIII was very meh but we have only seen a snippet so I can only comment on that small section but of the CGI movies, Versus shits all over FFXIII.

No one knows anything about versus, a cgi does not make a game. I don't know if i will like it or not, i need to see some gameplay. I do know that if i do like it I will borrow my friends ps3 to play it :p

 

CGI makes FF, where have you been for the past 10 years? CGI for Versus had me more pumped up then FFXIII, music, art direction and all that jablava. I know it will be good though, it is being made by my favourite dev after all. ;)

 



 

darthdevidem01 said:
@aiemond

oh yeah the "conspiracy"

you see whenever a 360 JRPG got bad reviews (all of them) from western publications everyone shouted FOUL n said Western reviewers don't know how to review JRPG's & that western reviewers only give high marks to FF.

but then Valkyria Chronicles got brilliant reviews n then Persona 4 (a weak franchise sales wise) got great reviews too.

 

Um Tales of Vesperia got great reviews.

Also it is true that final fantasy has a hype field around it. Final fantasy X-2 was even in 80s. Also I do agree that IU is shit, but the low scores in lost odyssey was just strange.

I honestly think the 360 staff on major review sites don't like JRPG because thats not what they normally play.

While the ps3 reviewers do know a thing or two about JRPGs since ps2 and psone had a huge rpg lineup.

 

 



 

I'll skip over the pointless bickering and get back to the topic. This is disappointing. I'll still reserve my final judgment for when I get to play WKC myself though. WKC could be another game that is hated by reviewers that I actually enjoy.



big_boss said:
TLR sucks period! Know why? not because of this "it was on the 360" bullshit but because it had terrible voice acting, huge framerate and tearing issues and they threw you in battle with no tutorial on the battle system thats why. So infamous stfu. If they fix some of those things like framerate and tearing in the PS3 version it will be better.

On topic: I'll wait for IGN and gamepro reviews before I buy.

*looks at your name and avatar*

Rofl, another PS3, well, I'm just going to go out and call you a fanboy.

Anyway, try not to twist my words around next time. I'm saying that when it comes out on the PS3 people will pick it up and try it out and get into it, NOT because it's on the 360 only atm. You know what, I agree, I don't care for the voiceacting, and the beginning was confusing as fuck. As for framerate, installations take care of that, and PS3 will probably have mandatory installs so you don't need to worry about that, either.

I'm SAYING that I haven't been drawn into the longetevity of an RPG since FFX. TLR SHITS on FFX in terms of shit to do. The story isn't FF-status, but it's decent, especially the ending. I'll say it again, and quote me, AGAIN, when the games comes out on PC/PS3, you will see people saying "The game isn't so bad after all." If you like custimization, TONS of quests and tasks, rare monsters, tons of skills to learn, ultimate bosses , etc, you'll get into it ALOT. Pretty much, hardcore JRPG fanatics. Don't agree? No need to bitch here, just quote me. Don't twist my words around, either.

 



Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*


Wow, isn't it great when thread titles are so neutral and unprovocative.

:/