By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles - RPGFan Import review....ouch

This would be just another review, if it weren't for the fact that I tend to trust a lot RPGFan's reviews because they're usually close to my tastes. I hope they're wrong this time becuase WKC looks great for me, definitely a game to play if I had a PS3

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/White_Knight_Chronicles/index.html

Graphics: 85%
Sound: 72%
Gameplay: 72%
Control: 74%
Story: 68%
Overall: 70%

Conclusion

At the end of the day, WKC is hard to recommend for people who are looking for a good offline stand-alone adventure. Even where the game innovates, specifically the battle and avatar systems, the game slips up by improperly balancing damage and incentives and making the player-created character totally inconsequential. The story campaign is easily completed in 25 to 30 hours, so really the game makes an excellent rental. If it’s online gaming that you are focused on, add a few points to my final score and have at it. I suspect there will be some patches and changes for the North American release, and if they address even some of the problems mentioned here, you will have a very worthwhile game. Ultimately I think the franchise has potential. Nevertheless, it’s still very skip-able for people with a long backlog of games to get into.

Around the Network

Well my brother back in Japan got the game and hated it, we have similar taste so it probably does suck. Ah well, as usual DQ and FF will have to save the day.

I will be buying this just for the online compnent mainly.

As i said in the end until FF13 no JRPG will impress us

yes even SO4 will not be favoured by the critics till T3H FF comes.

I'm shocked actually that valkyria chronicles was lauded by the critics

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Lol 4 minutes late damm u Zexen.

The reason this is bad is because of the hype fanboys kept giving the game. "FIRST POSSIBLE AAA RPG THIS GEN? "1st million seller JRPG this gen?" etc, etc, and much more

I love how Famitsu's score (Japanese site that happens to overrate RPGS and games in general) gave it low-mediocre score, but then the spin was that it'll do good in the west, blah blah. Now look at this, rofl.

Sigh.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

I just checked

usually dmestic reviews of the same game are higher

so lets see how WKC does then

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

As i said in the end until FF13 no JRPG will impress us

yes even SO4 will not be favoured by the critics till T3H FF comes.

Funny, all it keeps getting is positive press from "critics" and gaming sites..

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Still waiting for Release date in America than in Europe need and rpg game.

FFXIII and Versus will be the game which makes the critics mess there pants, it's always FF which sets the standards. Both of those games already have 90% reviews stamped on them just because of the name.

Quite sad really how fanboys hate SE now just because a game can now be enjoyed by more people. A classic line is "TLR is shit, so is IU thus FFXIII and Versus will also be shit". I do hope it is simply there fanboyism making them retarded because it's not a very good idea to compare the SE D reams to the A teams.

RPG said:
FFXIII and Versus will be the game which makes the critics mess there pants, it's always FF which sets the standards. Both of those games already have 90% reviews stamped on them just because of the name.

Quite sad really how fanboys hate SE now just because a game can now be enjoyed by more people. A classic line is "TLR is shit, so is IU thus FFXIII and Versus will also be shit". I do hope it is simply there fanboyism making them retarded because it's not a very good idea to compare the SE D reams to the A teams.

I agree. I guarantee, mark my words, that when TLR releases on PS3, you're going to see a few topics about how the game is actually a good game, they don't know where the reviews are coming from, etc etc.

Proud Owner of: