By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 on track to shatter Gears 2 day one sales?

Infamy79 said:
I propose a permanent ban for any user posting content from Hip Hop Gamer

Euphoria14 said:

I agree that HipHopGamer should not be brought up on this site, the place is just ridiculous.

I would rather not see vgChartz become like neogaf in this respect. 

Around the Network

^agreed its a slippery slope that will result in chaos

while I think KZ2 will be a better game than any of the Halos.... it will not be a Halo killer... So much of Halo is just brandname.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

i think more KZ2 copies will be sold than there will be ps3 systems. don't ask me why...

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Words Of Wisdom said:
Infamy79 said:
I propose a permanent ban for any user posting content from Hip Hop Gamer

Euphoria14 said:

I agree that HipHopGamer should not be brought up on this site, the place is just ridiculous.

I would rather not see vgChartz become like neogaf in this respect. 

Agreed. A good laugh doesn't hurt either so we should allow it!

Around the Network

What an awful website. Last thing Killzone 2 needs is more hype and saying things like it could beat Gears 2 day one sales is simply asking for it. Worst of all if it can't live up to it than this thread will be bumped and picked on for at least a week by 360 fans.

ocnkng said:

Its going to be tough. Xbox has a larger install base and PS3 owners always show the tendency to buy less software.

The ps3 has a , more than big enough , userbase to do gears2 numbers , enough with the excuses !!! Gears1 did almost 2 million in its first 2 NPD months on a tiny userbase . KZ2 has to do at least 1.5 million first NPD month and appear at least in the top-10 in its second NPD month to be considered a big success .

*sighs*... I hate threads like this. Now I have to brace myself for the coming floods of "Killzone2 bombed like a fart in a Yoga class" threads waiting to pour in when the game doesn't hit 2M in the first month.......

4 ≈ One

darthdevidem01 said:
PLEASE can we ban the website hiphopgamer like neo-gaf has banned vg chartz?

From GAF:

VG Chartzzzzz: Long history with GAF's sales-age. Numbers are never accurate. -- Posting anything from this site will result in a ban. Our numbers are right. Theirs are wrong. Period."

Now THAT's what I call professional journalism right there.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."