By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your controversial gaming opinions?

Torillian said:
4) Star Ocean 3 SUCKED! worst ending ever.

QFT.

The story on the second disc was utter garbage that ruined the entire universe. Thats why 4 is a prequal. :P

Now, I do love SO series and am pumped about the 4th, but they need to retcon that shit out of the series.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

1. playing burned 360 games is king

2. MS has conned 28 mil people into believing that their console is the best shit out there

3.. Zelda sucks

4. halo is normal

5. 80% forumers are secretly fanboys and wish for a console to die like the dreamcast did

6. fanboys are the engine to the gaming industry and are the reason we have a 3 console market and the reason sites like this exist.

7. sony doesn't have enough appeal to produce a heavy hitting 10 mil plus franchise. gran turismo may be the only exception

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Here are mine:

- FPS are the same thing over and over again and they are sooo boring;
- FFVII is my favorite FF even though my first FF was FF1;
- I don't want to play FFIX because the main character has a tail! WTF!;
- I've never played any GTA and don't feel the urge to play any of them;
- Chrono Cross is an insult to Chrono Trigger;
- LittleBigPlanet is boring and the controls are awful;
- Kingdom Hearts was a great game, KH2 was a HUGE disappointment.

The most important one:
- I really don't give a shit about how realistic a game looks.

Signature goes here!

pearljammer said:
sethnintendo said:
Maynard_Tool said:
So much blasphemy in this thread... i can't take it.

Yea, I think they should change the name of the thread to say something about gaming to piss people off.

That's just silly. People, genuinely, have differing opinions. It's really quite as simple as that. It'd be quite petty of me to allow my feathers to ruffle because someone says "Final Fantasy is overrated".

I agree totally.  People need to stop thinking that their beliefs are the only ones that could be right.  While I personaly don't like Zelda games very much, that doesn't mean that I am in disbelief that some do, and my love of Persona doesn't make it impossible that others don't feel the same way.

It's just differing opinions, get over it.

majoras mask is the greatest zelda game

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:

1) Dragon Quest VIII is the worst RPG ever made, and Yuuji Horii sucks at making games
2) All FPSes except Quake 1 and 2 suck and are very boring
3) Nintendo is overrated, they make decent games but they can't put a good story in any of them
4) Final Fantasy IX is the worst main series FF I've played, and it had the worst story and characters
5) Metal Gear Solid 3 is not a great game, and MGS2's story is excellent
6) Okami looks nice, but it's boring after 3 hours
7) Final Fantasy VIII has one of the best battle systems ever in an RPG
8) WRPGs mostly suck, and their stories are horrible (except for KOTOR)
9) Blizzard is overrated, the best thing they made is putting the joke comments on the units in Warcraft 3 when you click multiple times in them
10) Mario is a horrible character, same for Sonic
11) Advance Wars is the best Nintendo franchise
12) Star Ocean 3 is fantastic and the twist is one of the best I've ever seen
13) Chrono Cross is better than Chrono Trigger
14) Suikoden II is the best game ever made
15) FIFA will always suck compared to Pro Evo as long as it keeps those horrible balloon physics for the ball. PES' goalkeepers need serious improvements, but FIFA will always be worse as long as the ball is not fixed
16) If PES had the licenses instead of FIFA, FIFA would have died a long ago (in FIFA 2004, precisely, the worst football game ever made)
17) Ocarina of Time is seriously overrated. It's a good game, but please, it's not even close of being the best game ever
18) Gran Turismo 4 is the best racing game ever
19) PS2 is the best console ever
20) PES 2009 is a very good football game, that needs some fixes, but still much better than FIFA09
21) Nomura is one of the best if not the best characters designers in the gaming industry

I'm getting more as I read this thread

22) Kingdom Hearts 1 would been an excellent game if it had passed some months more in playtesting, because the gameplay has serious flaws, thus making the game mediocre. KH2 is excellent because it keeps all the good things KH1 had while fixing all flaws
23) Shadow of the Colossus' framerate is perfect.
24) If I were to make a list of the 25 best boss battles ever, 16 of them would come from SotC, then I'd add Psycho Mantis and Sniper Wolf from MSG1, the Minotaur from God of War and the other 6 would come from any boss in the Xenosaga trilogy
25) The Sims (and The Sims 2) are very fun games
26) The only good thing Halo 1 had is the music
27) Fable 1 would have been a great game if it had tried to actually tell a story
28) The World Ends With You is the best DS RPG (ports/remakes included)
29) Silent Hill 3 is better than Silent Hill 2
30) Vice City is better than San Andreas
31) Age of Empires II The Conquerors is the best RTS ever. Red Alert is the second
32) Sony makes better games than Nintendo
33) Konami makes better games than Sony, except for Shadow of the Colossus
34) Atlus is the best RPG developer after Konami
35) Namco Bandai makes the best fighters. Tekken 3 and Soul Calibur 3 tie for the best fighter ever

1) The tales series is better than FF
2) FFVII sucks
3) The GCN was better than the PS2
4) People who say Wii doesn't have any good games suck
5) People who go on about words like hardcore and casual are the suck
6) This thread is gay cause everyone has an opinion and noone cares about anyone elses
7) Start making epic games with better stories for your big characters Nintendo
8) Noone cares that you wanna market your system for 10 years Sony
9) WOW is a waste of time
10) FPSs are all almost all the same
11) I don't want Sega to make a new console cause then I'd have to buy 2 consoles

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

51.) Games with bad storys but polished gameplay are better than games with great stories and unpolished gameplay

52.) the JRPG genre should die and be reborn because they're just ANIMES WITH SAVEPOINTS as of late.

53.) Soul Calibur 3 was the worst Soul Calibur game, including Legends.

54.) The World Ends with You is overrated.

55.) Konami's business plan is "Milk MGS, hope everything else sells."

56.) Metal Gear Solid a series of movies with savepoints 

57.) There are SNES games that look better than several 360/PS3 games. 

58.) Mario Kart Wii's battle mode is actually fun.

59.) The industry would benefit if storytelling became secondary in every genre except RPG's.

60.) The Playstation was fairly casual for its time.

61.) Persona is niche because of these "traps", aka women dressing like men and men dressing like women.

62.) Simplicity is not a bad thing.

63.) Casuals have always been around.

64.) Castle Crashers is more fun than Braid.

65.) The Wii will likely outsell the PS3 even if the PS3's price point was 50 dollars or more under the Wii's

66.) The Wii is the NES reincarnated.

Pixel Art can be fun.

54) TWEWY overrated? Mmm, that's the only comment that has offended me in all this thread. That game is great :P

Goldsaintcamus said:

54) TWEWY overrated? Mmm, that's the only comment that has offended me in all this thread. That game is great :P

One reason I think TWEWY is overrated is because it's supposed to be "innovative" but at the same time, Neku is Sora with a new outfit and his hair dumped in orange paint.

Pixel Art can be fun.