By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your controversial gaming opinions?

1.) MGS4 had some of the worst gameplay in the series. "Hey lets westernize the controls blahblahblah" no.

2.) Tales of the Abyss was better then Final Fantasy X.

3.) PS3 has the most potential out of any gaming system ever made. Unfortuneatly, it also has the most software related issues.

4.) Emdollarsign did not moneyhat every game that appears on the 360.

5.) Vesperia is the best JRPG on next-gen consoles ATM. Nothing else comes close.

7.) The PS3 will indeed live up to its ten year plan. The 360 won't last that long. Hell, its only been 3 years and I've went through 3, hardware deficiant piles of crap. The nextbox will be out 2012.

8.) The 360's library of games is the best this gen by a longshot.

9.) LBP was boring.

10.) Halo 3 is overrated, while Timesplitters in underrated.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

-the only real hardcore games are on Wii

-gta4 is the worst game i ever played

-perfect dark64>>>>>>>>>>every fps game

-metroid prime 3 is the most next gen game

-mario galaxy is almost as good as SEX :)

-call of duty 2 is the best online game for 360 (cod4 is best online game for ps3)

-the nxe made me throw up and sell my 360 at the same time

-achievments and online are killing games (selling me a game then making me pay to down load the rest? FU!)

-HD developers are afraid of Wii because they cant hide all that bad gameplay behind teh GRAPHIXXXX

-VALVE is afraid of the Wii (they wish they could make a Wii game back in 07?!? its 09!

-EPIC developers are all hiding in the closet

-GAMECUBE was the best system last gen

off-topic: Can this thread actually be about controversial gaming opinions rather than "proof that I'm a X fanboy" posts....

1) Final Fantasy 7 is the most overrated FF and JRPG of all time

2) GTA 4 has the best single player experience out of any other GTA (multiplayer is piss poor. Controversial because most of the gaming public that's on the net hates the game)

3) MGS4 was just one big fan service fest.

4) Super Smash Bros. Melee is a terrible game that ruined the charm from the 1st game.

5) Final Fantasy 8 is the most underrated FF.

6) I actually enjoy the story in the Gears of War series.

7) Deadly creatures is not a core market game.

"off-topic: Can this thread actually be about controversial gaming opinions rather than "proof that I'm a X fanboy" posts...."

being controversial could lead some to think x person is a fanboy when hes really not and is only giving his controversial opinion.

ECC wheres the difference`?

- the current gen is full of mediocre overhyped games

- the current gen has the such obnoxious ,idiotic fanboy vermin ive last seen in the times of dreamcast vs playstation 2 , n64 vs everything else ,which leads me to regretting to actually having bought one

- half life 2 has nothing in common with its predecessor exept for the name and 2-3 gimmik characters and should have been named otherwise

- the same goes for resident evil 4 (5?)

- the elder scrolls series ended with morrowind

whenever something is the "best looking game evar" it will be replaced by the next "best looking game evar" within a period of 3 months , once you lived through this cicle a couple times you stop giving a fuck

- people who bash other consoles because they think their system is superior because of game xy or "ominous super technology piece xy" should face a fireing squad

- we should just enjoy the games we have and not make a religion out of somehing that runs game dics when you push the power button

Around the Network

-The N64 was the single greatest console ever made

-Final Fantasy 6 wasn't really that good, dragged on

-Sony is responsible for the massive decline in gaming today, hide behind HD graphics because you can't make any FUN games!

-Microsoft is the next Sega, in a good way.

-Four player WWF No Mercy has yet to be topped by any game

-Square is over rated

-GTA sucks, really folks

-Japan no longer is the king of RPG's, but saying thw west makes better ones isn't still saying MUCH anymore

-I'd still buy a PS3 if it was 200 bucks in a heart beat

-People who drool over GT5 screens might simply want to turn on the speed channel, it's also a lot more enjoyable then playing that god awful series.

-People who think Sony is going to win this generation shouldn't be allowed to mate

-The only way you should watch Blazing Saddles is with people who are scared too laugh at off color jokes, also it's the greatest western movie of all time

-Halo is over rated and also has one of the worst stories in gaming, could we try a little harder?

-Square should cut its loses and remake FFVII on the Wii and close its doors so they can at least go out with some positive notes.

-Street Fighter sucks

-Mortal Kombat sucks

-Madden sucks

-Madden sucks

-Did I say Madden sucks yet?

-EA is the anti Christ of gaming

-WOW sucks, really can someone tell me why playing a game where you live a life in a fantasy world is more exciting then getting off your ass and living life in reality?

Almost all japanese games suck.

-Final Fantasy 12 is the best Final Fantasy

-The Tales of series is one of if not the most overrated series in gaming, not by critics but by its fans, who praise it directly in proportion to its mediocrity

-Tetsuya Nomura is the worst thing to happen to Square Enix, I am so serious you guys

-Turok is so awesome I am not even kidding sheesh

-Kojima needs a copy editor more than any person I have ever seen

-All systems this generation would be worth a purchase to someone who has the time and money to play all of them

1. GT is the most boring racing series ever

2. WoW is the real reason for the failing economy

3. Red Steel 2 will be a AAA game

4. The PS3 is just an evolved SNES

5. If it weren’t for Nintendo, Sony’s best gaming console would be an overclocked PC with a joystick attached

6. EA’s The World is Not Enough was better than Goldeneye

7. Nintendo always make their console not as good as they could be so that they have something that they can fix later and re-sell the same thing 50 times

8. GTA is boring

9. Zelda: Wind Waker is the best in the series

10. I loved Super Mario Sunshine

11. Animal Crossing is the most boring game I’ve played

12. Battle Mode in Mario Kart is the worst part of the game and a waste of development resources (unless they can make it actually fun)

13. The Wii Remote is the best thing to happen to gaming since the NES – Wii MotionPlus will make it what it should have been from the start

14. Gears of War isn’t fun

15. Pokémon is THE killer app

16. Wii Sports is one of the best games Nintendo have ever produced

17. Nintendo’s biggest rival will be apple with the iPhone/iPod Touch

18. Nintendo would be nothing right now without Miyamoto and Iwata

19. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass was better than Twilight Princess

20. Warhawk is one of the only reasons to own a PS3

21. PS2 is the biggest casual console so far

22. Nintendo is the only company that can make competent hardware – Sony is learning though as the PS3 has low failure rates

23. All JRPG’s are boring wastes of time

24. When people say ‘We want core games!’ They really mean ‘We want AAA mainstream super hyped games!’

25. Video Games should be renamed ‘INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT’ – Gameplay is what separates games from movies, it’s the defining aspect of video games

26. The Wii will have the most memorable game library 10 years after this generation has ended

27. SSB. Brawl is the best game in the series by far but I’ve had the least fun with it

28. Mario Kart Wii is the best in the series

29. World of Goo is more fun than every HD game I’ve played

30. StarFox Command was shit and I hope Nintendo don’t waste resources on a Wii StarFox

31. Metroid Prime Hunters was better than Prime 2 but not 3

32. Shovelware is good

33. The DK Rap was great

34. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a great game

35. Luigi’s Mansion > Pikmin

1. JRPG's nail WRPG to the wall. Exceptions being Mass Effect, Fallout 3, KoToR.

2. FF VI is extremely overrated, even if good.

3. Tidus is a fantastic, humane character.

4. KH2 is what KH1 should've been from the start.

5. Street Fighter is meh and overrated.

6. Superhero based games are bullshit, marvel, dc can suck my balls.

7. RE is overrated.

8. Co-op is an unnecessary feature.

8. The N64 was the worst 5th gen console, the Xbox was the worst of the 6th, the Wii currently stands as the worst of the 7th but I can see it changing this year.

9 FFX is the best FF game ever.

10. Nintendo should get some new ideas instead of doing a rehash of a rehash of a rehash of a rehash (hi, Animal Crossing!)

11. The concept of DLC MUST DIE. Give me my game in full now, no bullshit!

12. The single player experience is more imporant than the multiplayer one.

13. Donkey Kong sucks.

14. Killer Instinct sucks.

15. The only good series by rare are Star Fox and Perfect Dark. Did I also mention Conker sucks?

16. Japanese games are vastly superior to western ones.

17. Final Fantasy beats the shit out of Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest is extremely boring and unoriginal.

18. God of War is the best action/adventure game in existence.

19. WoW is a complete and pure waste of time, all MMORPG's are.

20. The PS2 is the best console ever.

21. The PSP is not much inferior to the DS in terms of RPG's.

22. Sony's first party studios are the best ones in the business.

23. Metroid is the best Ninty franchise.

24. FF VII is overrated, but in no way worse than everything that came before it. It's a damn fine game and the best FF on the PS1.

25. Metal Gear is the best series ever.

26. Anime based games/games with anime are awesome.

Phew, that's all (for nao)