By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE5 PS3 outsell RE4:Wii ?

XiaoMay said:
A decline ?

Resident Evil (PS): 5.05 million
Resident Evil 2 (PS): 5.82 million
Resident Evil 3 (PS): 3.52 million

Resident Evil 4 : 6.16 million (2.73 million + 1.77 milliion + 1.69 million )

I dont see this as a decline when the last edition is the BEST SELLING RE ever

Uh, you're still using wrong numbers as I clearly stated one post above yours.

Around the Network

Yes. The Wii sales are low simply because most people who already owned it wouldn't drop the money to get the Wii version. For me I wish I had found a cheap Gamecube version now that I bought the damn Wii one. So yeah I think it's more adjec... more ....whatever, its a better look to combine the sales of RE4 and RE4:Wii and subtract a margin of error for what percentage of people you think bought both, rather than look at it as its own sales ...thing.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

mehm said:
Before you continue to argue with wrong numbers, here is what Capcom shipped as of 12/31/08:

11. Resident Evil 4 (PlayStation 2) - 2.100.000 (up from 2,050,000)
22. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1.500.000 (up from 1,400,000)

Must be one hell of a feet for Capcom to sell 2.75m when there are only 2.1m on the shelves, I wonder how they achieved this. Same for the Wii Version btw.

Interesting, I never looked at Capcom's financial reports to check the numbers. If you are correct, that further shows that the series is declining (unless the first two games are very overtracked).

@XiaoMay: I don't think we can entirely count the Wii's sales when in the context of the franchise's decline, because there should be quite a lot of overlapping with PS2/GC versions since it's a remake made for a later generation.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well, you can't deny that RE4 sold more than RE3 anyway

And you should compare RE5 PS3 + 360 to RE 4 PS2+GC+Wii

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Can it? easily.

Around the Network

Probably.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It probably will the way RE5 has become more of a FPS then survival horror. So more of a target audience.

Cobretti2 said:
It probably will the way RE5 has become more of a FPS then survival horror. So more of a target audience.

What?  I'm confused... I'm not sure if I should be baffled at your ignorant statement or assume you are saying that RE5 is more action based then survival horror games have been.  FPS is simply the wrong word....

As much as I would love for this game to do well on the PS3 I have a feeling it will under perform. I think it's because the gameplay mechanics won't have much appeal for most people.

XiaoMay said:
Well, you can't deny that RE4 sold more than RE3 anyway

And you should compare RE5 PS3 + 360 to RE 4 PS2+GC+Wii

Convenient. For all other purposes, the Wii is current gen, but in this case it counts as last gen? Hasn't it been established that the Wii is current gen? If so, why stick it with its predecessor and the PS2? Wouldn't it be more logical to clump together sales from PS3 + PS2 then and perhaps 360 + X-box vs Wii + GC?

I truly am confused, help me out here.