Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE5 PS3 outsell RE4:Wii ?

As much as I would love for this game to do well on the PS3 I have a feeling it will under perform. I think it's because the gameplay mechanics won't have much appeal for most people.

Around the Network
XiaoMay said:
Well, you can't deny that RE4 sold more than RE3 anyway

And you should compare RE5 PS3 + 360 to RE 4 PS2+GC+Wii

Convenient. For all other purposes, the Wii is current gen, but in this case it counts as last gen? Hasn't it been established that the Wii is current gen? If so, why stick it with its predecessor and the PS2? Wouldn't it be more logical to clump together sales from PS3 + PS2 then and perhaps 360 + X-box vs Wii + GC?

I truly am confused, help me out here.

I don't think it will, Devil May Cry 4 only sold around 2.35 million between both consoles and devil may cry's have been similar to stronger sellers than Resident evils since the ps2, so even if it performs somewhat better than DMC4 it will only reach about 1.5 million on ps3 in a similar time frame, which puts it in line with the wii version of RE4 which is at 1.5 million
also all resident evils and capcoms games in general are grossly over tracked here
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html
according to capcom RE 4 ps2 hsd shipped 2.1 million copies ltd as of december

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capcom expects to sell 5-6 Millions of RE5 so if they are right PS3 version will easily outsell RE4 Wii.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Capcom expects to sell 5-6 Millions of RE5 so if they are right PS3 version will easily outsell RE4 Wii.

No, they're expexting 3.25m.

Resident Evil 5: 3,250,000
Street Fighter IV: 1,700,000
Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop: 500,000

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
XiaoMay said:

Convenient. For all other purposes, the Wii is current gen, but in this case it counts as last gen? Hasn't it been established that the Wii is current gen? If so, why stick it with its predecessor and the PS2? Wouldn't it be more logical to clump together sales from PS3 + PS2 then and perhaps 360 + X-box vs Wii + GC?

it's very easy : we are comparing only sales of a game

Resident Evil 4 is a game on PS2, Wii and GC

Resident Evil 5 is a game on 360 on PS3

To know if the franchise is more and more successful or not, just ad all copies on each platform

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

mehm said:
Zlejedi said:

No, they're expexting 3.25m.

Resident Evil 5: 3,250,000
Street Fighter IV: 1,700,000
Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop: 500,000

In one of Famitsus they said they want 5-6M (ps3+x360) . But I have no idea which number it was as I only have Polish translation of it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

XiaoMay said:
Mummelmann said:
XiaoMay said:

it's very easy : we are comparing only sales of a game

Resident Evil 4 is a game on PS2, Wii and GC

Resident Evil 5 is a game on 360 on PS3

To know if the franchise is more and more successful or not, just ad all copies on each platform

I see. Well, so far, most past franchises seem to be on a downwards spiral this gen (except Ninty first party of course) so it wouldn't really be massively surprising if RE feels the burn as well.

outlawauron said:
Eh, I'm not sure.

Although, did we ever re adjust RE4: Wii. I think the last figure we had from Capcom had it at like ~1.5 million shipped.

The game indeed seems to be overtracked by about 200-300k.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html

It might, only because its on 2 consoles as opposed to 1. I see a total of 3 mil - 2 mil on xb360 and 1 mil on ps3.