By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $60 Games Soon To Be Slashed

Well it would allready be great if all the shops here sold games for 60 euros. I once saw uncharted (a 6 hour long game without mulitplayer) for 80 euros!!

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
theRepublic said:
But would the increased volume make up for the lower per game revenue? That's tough to predict.

Honestly increased volume almost never makes up for the lost revenue.

Price cutting to gain market share is often considered one of the great follies of buisness decisions.

It occasionally works but it's something that's way overdone.

That all depends on how the supply and demand curves look.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

It's a ten dollar difference, but saying $49.99 vs $60 makes the gap seem a lot bigger than $49.99 vs $59.99 .

I'm all for lower prices, though.

theRepublic said:
Kasz216 said:
theRepublic said:
But would the increased volume make up for the lower per game revenue? That's tough to predict.

Honestly increased volume almost never makes up for the lost revenue.

Price cutting to gain market share is often considered one of the great follies of buisness decisions.

It occasionally works but it's something that's way overdone.

That all depends on how the supply and demand curves look.

True, though the curves do rarely make them up despite people often doing so.

I haven't posted in this thread yet? Huh.... Well, I would like this to happen, but If I were a publisher, i would feel depressed. This is like their entire profit walking away from them..

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
misterd said:
Be nice if it happened, but its hard to imagine on the big budget titles.

Maybe not all of them... but it'd help the lower tier titles. (one would hope.)

I mean this is already the case for the Wii.  Lots of games release at 39.99 or lower.

Microsoft does this as well... I think that more companies should make a case by case on games.

Cueil said:
Kasz216 said:
misterd said:
Be nice if it happened, but its hard to imagine on the big budget titles.

Maybe not all of them... but it'd help the lower tier titles. (one would hope.)

I mean this is already the case for the Wii.  Lots of games release at 39.99 or lower.

Microsoft does this as well... I think that more companies should make a case by case on games.

Let's hope so becouse it's rediculus if publishers really expect us to pay 60 euro per new title which last 6-10 hours.

I don't mind shorter games if they are priced correctly.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lurker said:
HD games should $49.99 and Wii games should be $39.99

In a perfect world yeahhh !

and what about DS and PSP game for 29.99 $

Yeah, if that ever happened, I'd be locked in my room with my console...not that that isn't what's happening now.