By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $60 Games Soon To Be Slashed

So long to imported JRPGs if this happens. They thrive on their first wave of sales. If this happens, coupled with the strong Yen vs the dollar, you'll have to read Japanese, and in some cases get a console for the region, to play a JRPG.

Around the Network

Yea, the HD games are simply too high. I think its worth it if it has a good single player + online.

So SP + Online = $60
SP Only= $50 (Most Wii games would agree with this)
Online only = $40

But then again, this could easily be solved by just downloading games with digital distribution - no discs needed.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

HD games should $49.99 and Wii games should be $39.99

well doesn't matter to me cause none of my games have ever cost more than $50

Kasz216 said:
misterd said:
Be nice if it happened, but its hard to imagine on the big budget titles.

Maybe not all of them... but it'd help the lower tier titles. (one would hope.)

I mean this is already the case for the Wii.  Lots of games release at 39.99 or lower.

From what I've seen of many Wii titles, $39.99 should recoup the entire development cost.

Around the Network

it was an analyst, i would be so happy it it were true. 60 dollars for a game is ridiculous.

this is sounding contrary to the other article saying that the Wii will be affected by the recession first

misterd said:
Kasz216 said:
misterd said:
Be nice if it happened, but its hard to imagine on the big budget titles.

Maybe not all of them... but it'd help the lower tier titles. (one would hope.)

I mean this is already the case for the Wii.  Lots of games release at 39.99 or lower.

From what I've seen of many Wii titles, $39.99 should recoup the entire development cost.

True.  Though I mean that's one of the things i like about the Wii.  Some games, that are still quality mind you come out for cheaper.

Expect only top of the line AAA, flagship titles, with track records, to clock in at $60 new. Normal new titles should come in at $50. And the new bargain titles will be looking at $40 for release.

A title like the Guilty Gear 2: Overture, which is on the quirky side will NO WAY show itself released new at $60. That would likely clock in around $40 to start. This is the new economy.

Only epic titles stated above should be released $60 new like Killzone 2, the next Halo featuing Masterchief if there ever is one, the next Gears, GOW 3, FF13, and, uh yeah I think you get my point. Those sports games definitely shouldn't be priced at $60 new