By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft, your strategy is NOT working and I'm growing tired.

Not to draw comparisons with a certain gaming company announcing all (if not at least a lot) of their cards early I am growing tired of Microsofts "Wait and see" approach to announcing games.

Right now the only game coming out that I want that I know will be out this year is Halo Wars!

I want a date for Splinter Cell! I want new Rare games revealed! I want Alan Wake to be given a solid date be it this year or next.

I DO NOT want to have to wait till E3 to hear about this.

I really lose interest in gaming overall when I have nothing to look forward to, and it frustrates me because like last christmas, I know this christmas I will have more games to buy than money to spend. I just wish Microsoft would let us know a little earlier.

This strategy is not helping them one iota.

Around the Network

I am sure MS will have new announcements between Halo Wars' launch and E3.

Besides, Mass Effect 2 just got announced as a Q1 2010 game, so that's good news.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The only reason you want Microsoft to announce their games is because you want ammunition for fanboy flamewars.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I agree. Microsoft is holding all their surprises too closely. We all know they have an insane lineup; now show it to us MS XO

Whens GDC by any chance? 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

griffinA said:

The only reason you want Microsoft to announce their games is because you want ammunition for fanboy flamewars.

I'm sorry who the fuck are you again? have you been stalking me or something?

If I wanted ammo I could real off a useless list with unknown dates.

Forza 3

Alan Wake

ODST

GTAIV DLC

Fallout 3 DLC

Ect ect

No I am serious, so if you havn't got anything constructive to say don't bother.

Around the Network

@griffinA.

so true so true. it makes life easier for me aswell to do the powning with the teh cell ammunition.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

mrstickball said:
I am sure MS will have new announcements between Halo Wars' launch and E3.

Besides, Mass Effect 2 just got announced as a Q1 2010 game, so that's good news.

Isn't Mass Effect 2 on PS3 as well?

I'm more talking about Microsofts 1st party line up, 3rd partys (even with exclusives) are pretty good at announcing games early.

Serious_frusting said:
@griffinA.

so true so true. it makes life easier for me aswell to do the powning with the teh cell ammunition.

What ammunition? two of your biggest games have been pushed back to 2010, GOW 3 and GT5

Shadowblind said:

I agree. Microsoft is holding all their surprises too closely. We all know they have an insane lineup; now show it to us MS XO

Whens GDC by any chance? 

Its around May right? I know Banjo was announced around early May, and I think thats where it was announced! Thats too far away though!

EDIT- Oooh! March 23rd+  .... thats bareable.

Serious_frusting said:
@griffinA.

Holy cow. 500 posts from an alternate account. Why hasn't this one been IP banned yet?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.