By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft, your strategy is NOT working and I'm growing tired.

selnor said:
WTF?

Why are fanboys arguing here? The thread certainly wasnt created for fanboy ammunition. Sigh

OT:

Seece, I wouldnt worry about it.

Look back over the last 3 years, you and everybody else knows that each year M$ have top notch titles available. There is so much variety to choose from on the 360 thats already available that should show you M$ will again deliver in 2009.

Sony have played their cards for 2009 and it looks sweet. M$ will play theirs over the next 4 months as they always do. I have no doubt thjat again M$ will show us at least 3-4 AAA titles coming out this year. So dont worry, your 360 will be supported every year better than the last looking at 2005 - 2008. :)

Yeah, the pain has been eased knowing GDC is just around the corner lol.

I guess us Xbox owners have real anticipation for E3 and other conferences, I always love the build up to E3. I'm just gonna have to be patient.

Around the Network
seece said:

This strategy is not helping them one iota.

It works alright for both MS and Ninty. Would you rather be teased with a couple of screenshots of a game you wont be able to play for years?

scottie said:
seece said:

This strategy is not helping them one iota.

It works alright for both MS and Ninty. Would you rather be teased with a couple of screenshots of a game you wont be able to play for years?

Not years, but as soon as christmas is over it would be nice to know whats coming up for the upcoming year and rough dates (like Q3/4) whatever that may be.

seece said:
selnor said:
WTF?

Why are fanboys arguing here? The thread certainly wasnt created for fanboy ammunition. Sigh

OT:

Seece, I wouldnt worry about it.

Look back over the last 3 years, you and everybody else knows that each year M$ have top notch titles available. There is so much variety to choose from on the 360 thats already available that should show you M$ will again deliver in 2009.

Sony have played their cards for 2009 and it looks sweet. M$ will play theirs over the next 4 months as they always do. I have no doubt thjat again M$ will show us at least 3-4 AAA titles coming out this year. So dont worry, your 360 will be supported every year better than the last looking at 2005 - 2008. :)

Yeah, the pain has been eased knowing GDC is just around the corner lol.

I guess us Xbox owners have real anticipation for E3 and other conferences, I always love the build up to E3. I'm just gonna have to be patient.

I kinda understand where your coming from, but realistically, I am still currently playing Fable 2, Grid, Far Cry 2 and Gears 2. All AAA titles in my opinion. By the time I get through these theen theres Fallout 3 for me to buy and probably a couple of new announcments from M$ by then. What I do is concentrate on what games I have to finish, and I seem to really get more from those games that way.

Then when GDC comes along I'm usually like, holy crap now I have to save for those 3 new AAA games M$ have just announced. 360 owners are actually spoilt for choice across all genres. :)

A good idea is to look at what will be out soon and focus on that. Once you get solid dates, then that is what matters. To look MONTHS or YEARS ahead of time, is setting oneself up for disappointment.

I am speculating that a key to happiness might be to be 6 to 12 months behind everyone else. Doing this, when you get a game new, it will likely be less than it costs new, and you can happen to then find out what people are REALLY playing, and what REALLY is good.

Around the Network

in the other hand is wii, the console with not so many AAA titles , but is still selling and selling and selling...

I know why can't companies give us some real release dates...either we get too much info or nothing at all for months and months!

I know I'm going to be spending $$$ on lots of games this year but it's hard to prepare for!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

just relax and enjoy the games coming out in the coming months, no need to stress over future games release dates...

for example if Alan Wake releases December this year....whether I know the release date now or at E3 I'm still gonna have to wait till December to play it...

Honestly I agree with the original poster in the sense that there is a issue of tempo. None of the manufacturers had developed a decent tempo. In so far as discussion goes, but is that relevant to the goals of the manufacturers. The answer is that it is not. For them they want to overwhelm the senses. That has far more impact for gamers in general.

Sony had no recourse but to unveil everything as early as possible to salvage their system. The downside of that is it hurt the sales of the software. Since it often passed from public consciousness, or worse it marred the console by missing launch windows.

Yes it is sad we have very little to discuss, but giving us something to talk about right now does not serve the purposes of manufacturers like Nintendo or Microsoft.

seece said:
mrstickball said:
I am sure MS will have new announcements between Halo Wars' launch and E3.

Besides, Mass Effect 2 just got announced as a Q1 2010 game, so that's good news.

Isn't Mass Effect 2 on PS3 as well?

No.
Mass Effect 2 has been confirmed for Xbox 360/Windows PC.

Nothing on PS3 yet.

My Gaming Setup