By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS3 Exclusive - RTS Coming to the PS3 - Halo Wars Killer?

RTS on consoles = not fun no matter how you tweak the controls.

Around the Network
perpride said:

You havn't played Halo Wars yet .. I'm sure some ignorant people said the same about FPS on consoles before Halo.

I think the 360 users need to stop with this Halo Killer nonsense. Halo Wars has yet to prove anything, and the Halo series is no longer the standard bearer for FPS. That responsibility is now owned by Call of Duty. Personally, I think the control scheme implemented in EndWar is the best you will get from a console.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@seece

I heard Battle for Middle Earth 2 had very good controls for a console RTS.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

dbot said:
I think the 360 users need to stop with this Halo Killer nonsense. Halo Wars has yet to prove anything, and the Halo series is no longer the standard bearer for FPS. That responsibility is now owned by Call of Duty. Personally, I think the control scheme implemented in EndWar is the best you will get from a console.

They are just trying to create ammo because they have none. So here we have a pretty much unknown game and guess who is hyping it up first?

Not the PS3 fans, I can tell you that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

@Euphoria - I agree completely. The sad thing is these are the same people that will be claiming PS3 users were touting Under Siege as a Halo Wars killer. I hope that when we ask for proof, they link back to this thread.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

JerzeeBalla said:

No they arent, but posts like yours will create a false sense that they are.....Then when the game drops and doesnt "kill" Halo Wars, people will claim that it was the Sony fanboys of this site who made such ridiculous claims in the first place.

Just let the game be made in peace, these stupid comparisons are getting out of hand. And I know this is my first post, but I have been lurking since last year. So I know how things work around here.

Indeed.

@ gebx: Although I think that Halo Wars will be good, you're already claiming it's the thing that everything will be compared to.  For all we know, Halo Wars will suck and it won't need to be a HW killer since HW will kill itself.

nice way to create expectations amongst others, while no one has even mentioned that they were trying to be better, be somewhat like HW.

They just chose to make a game, it happens to be on the PS3, so what?  Yes, it's the smallest userbase, yes, it's harder to develop for.  Does that mean that they can't try or that it's stupid to want it like that? 

If so, every RPG maker should head to the DS, since that sells like crazy.  Drop the Xbox and PS3 versions, they're just all trying to be Halo or Halo Wars anyway, and will fail miserably....

seece said:
perpride said:

You havn't played Halo Wars yet .. I'm sure some ignorant people said the same about FPS on consoles before Halo.

I haven't thought or said that since Goldeneye 64 and the first Perfect Dark. They were the first proper console FPS', not Halo. Of course, past gories do nothing to alleviate the fact that to this day, 99% of all console FPS' suck...

Edit; I agree with perpride btw, console RTS = fail no matter who develops the game.

Beats Halo wars 100000 to 1 .. mark my words on ... see u at judgment day

Why are people acting like Halo Wars is the first RTS game on consoles?

Maybe Seed Studios wanted to make a RTS game and they went to Sony to seek financial back up...