By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS3 Exclusive - RTS Coming to the PS3 - Halo Wars Killer?

Halo Wars hasn't even hit the market, but developers have already jumped on the bandwagon on what they believe to be the next big thing on Consoles! What Halo:Combat Evolved did to FPS's is what Halo Wars is looking to do with RTS's.

Read my thoughts on the article at the bottom!

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/a145411/seed-unveils-new-ps3-exclusive-rts-title.html

Seed Studios has confirmed that it is working on a new PS3-exclusive real-time strategy titled Under Siege.

The game will be based on an "original world" utilising "unique gameplay elements and a control scheme designed with a console controller in mind".

Bruno Ribeiro, lead designer on the project, said on the game's official website: "We are also working on implementing a large number of multiplayer and community features with special emphasis on user-generated content."

"In the coming months we will share with you info on many of these features, as well as the work involved in creating them," he added.

Under Siege will be launched at some point during 2009, while the eagerly-anticipated Xbox 360-exclusive RTS title Halo Wars will be released on February 27.

Now I'm quite curious why a developer would choose a western genre on the console with the smallest userbase. Also, if Halo Wars succeeds in bringing (or creating) an console RTS userbase, then wouldn't you want to release that game to please them instead of trying to create a new userbase on another console? The game will be launched months after the release of Halo Wars so it wouldn't be competiting against each other but instead complementing! You could go as far and say that it would be riding the Halo Wars wake.

These reasons would suggest that the 360 would be a way better console for the game to succeed financially and that the only reason why they wouldn't is because Sony is moneyhatting them (HA! Yeah I went there!! Bite Me!).

So with Halo Wars not even on the market, Is Sony already trying to create a "Halo Wars" killer??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

No they arent, but posts like yours will create a false sense that they are.....Then when the game drops and doesnt "kill" Halo Wars, people will claim that it was the Sony fanboys of this site who made such ridiculous claims in the first place.

Just let the game be made in peace, these stupid comparisons are getting out of hand. And I know this is my first post, but I have been lurking since last year. So I know how things work around here.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

what are you talking about

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

JerzeeBalla said:

No they arent, but posts like yours will create a false sense that they are.....Then when the game drops and doesnt "kill" Halo Wars, people will claim that it was the Sony fanboys of this site who made such ridiculous claims in the first place.

Just let the game be made in peace, these stupid comparisons are getting out of hand. And I know this is my first post, but I have been lurking since last year. So I know how things work around here.

Good point! When ever someone says that, we should all reply back "Actually Gebx came up with that!"...<- that would be awesome!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

1 Question : Do you get sexual pleasure from failmbating ?

"Halo Wars Killer" is a guaranteed to provoke a negative response , but you knew that already.

Around the Network

@gebx

so if the game flops

we get to say gebx thought it would kill halo

LOL @ him??

_____

on the other hand be prepared for VG$ as this thread will attract attention

I'm just going to post here so I see how this thread spans out :D

@seece

we can just predict its gonna be a 200 post + thread full of flaming now

darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

we can just predict its gonna be a 200 post + thread full of flaming now

That would be a shame ... maybe you should leave now

OT - Just had a look at some other stuff SS has done and I hardly think their first console venture on a console (hardest of the three) to develope for, for a genre that is difficult to get on a console will = AAA or come close to HW ... just my opinion.

Ha, you wish we cared enough to worry about Halo Wars.

*Hides in corner while looking at pre-order*

Also, it is about time we stop with the "killer" crap. This is getting thrown around way too much lately, worst part is that the VGChartz PS3 community are not even the ones claiming it. It is the 360 community starting it up so they have potential ammo later on.

*Looks at Killzone 2*

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!